Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Olson

Default Re: Grant Olson

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The conventional wisdom here about their health system is about as wrong as the conventional wisdom there about the water quality in Devil's Lake.
    Yep but it sure is a better story. Dumb

Back to topic, anyone else think this is weird? http://www.inforum.com/event/article...roup/homepage/

In a statement released Sunday through the NDSU sports information office, Bison head coach Craig Bohl said Olson "will definitely not play" in Saturday's game at Youngstown. Bohl said Williams' injury will be monitored "day-to-day."
    They haven't said his season is done yet. I think they had the MRI last night.

Quote Originally Posted by 10>1 View Post
    Uh, this is a Grant Olson thread bro. Take the Marcus and Ryan chatter to the injury thread.
    I understand the quick reference to injuries, and you can have your opinion. But "IMO" it doesn't belong in a thread about a specific player and a season ending injury he sustained only a few hours earlier. I don't like thread drift and two separate attempts to do so in about 15 minutes time is not cool.
    This is a message board. Put your thread police badge back in its holster. Getting mad about thread drift, especially on Bisonville, is like swimming with a shark and getting mad that it bites you. If you want to discuss protocol and behavior, go to the fans rant thread. There seems to be plenty of that kind of talk going on over there.

Seriously. Someone asks a question related to the thread and someone jumps down their throat. It seems as good as place as any to ask questions about our other injuries as they all happened in the same game. Or better yet...the person probably could have started a thread for each persons injury...but Im guessing someone would have jumped down their throat for starting too many threads.

Geez. Lighten up Francis.

On a related note...do we know what's wrong with Ryan Smith and Why he didnt play? I know Bohl said he would be back...but I was surprised to not see him in the game. Was that known he would not play, or a surprise to everyone.

Still hoping to hear good news on Grant.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    This is a message board. Put your thread police badge back in its holster. Getting mad about thread drift, especially on Bisonville, is like swimming with a shark and getting mad that it bites you. If you want to discuss protocol and behavior, go to the fans rant thread. There seems to be plenty of that kind of talk going on over there.

Seriously. Someone asks a question related to the thread and someone jumps down their throat. It seems as good as place as any to ask questions about our other injuries as they all happened in the same game. Or better yet...the person probably could have started a thread for each persons injury...but Im guessing someone would have jumped down their throat for starting too many threads.

On a related note...do we know what's wrong with Ryan Smith and Why he didnt play? I know Bohl said he would be back...but I was surprised to not see him in the game. Was that known he would not play, or a surprise to everyone.

Still nursing the high ankle sprain and I think the coaching staff didn't really think we'd need him against ISU-r.

You're my big toe.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Depends who you consider "conventional" I guess. I've spoken with people who had trouble getting care there (an ER situation in one case) and came to the states for help.
    I have actually treated them!!!!. On a few occasions I have had parents that live in the states make a appointment with me for their adult children that live in Canada to come down and have me examine them and order a MRI if I thought it appropriate. They were given a appointment up there for MRI but it was over 90 days out. So it is not just a scare tactic or urban legend it is reality.

Olson tells the Trib he's out with torn ACL http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/231431751.html

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobison View Post
    Olson tells the Trib he's out with torn ACL http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/231431751.html
    Nice write up on Olson and the other standout players from the metro. And as usual, an article in the Strib summoned the Lakes signal. There he is, first one in the comments. Quality comment by him though.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post

Yikes. You mad bro?

I'm pretty sure I'm not toting a thread police badge my friend. How often do you see me bringing up thread drift around here? Yeah, that's what I thought, never. As far as bringing up injuries to other players, you don't have to start a new thread on each, there is an "Injury" thread on Bisonville and it's pretty easy to find. If the poster had only brought up Marcus, I would've let it slide, but only 20 minutes later brought up Ryan. Yeah, probably an overreaction on my part, but Grant is someone I know on a personal level and beyond the football field, and I wasn't in the best of spirits because of what happened. Not going to apologize at all for what I said, and I'm not going to lighten up. And your question on the related note about Ryan or other injuries, listen to Bohl's post game presser and he tells you what you need to know. People can do a little looking around on their own once in a while to figure things out. Or go the easy route and get a hold of Lakes (purple needed Tenn?)
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Yikes. You mad bro?

I'm pretty sure I'm not toting a thread police badge my friend. How often do you see me bringing up thread drift around here? Yeah, that's what I thought, never. As far as bringing up injuries to other players, you don't have to start a new thread on each, there is an "Injury" thread on Bisonville and it's pretty easy to find. If the poster had only brought up Marcus, I would've let it slide, but only 20 minutes later brought up Ryan. Yeah, probably an overreaction on my part, but Grant is someone I know on a personal level and beyond the football field, and I wasn't in the best of spirits because of what happened. Not going to apologize at all for what I said, and I'm not going to lighten up. And your question on the related note about Ryan or other injuries, listen to Bohl's post game presser and he tells you what you need to know. People can do a little looking around on their own once in a while to figure things out. Or go the easy route and get a hold of Lakes (purple needed Tenn?)
    Not mad at all. I just think its flat out rude to act unfriendly to someone who is just asking a question.

Per Bold above...Not everyone has the time to listen to the postgame show or every press conference. So IMO they are allowed to ask on bisonville. As a matter of fact thats why I come here...because there are a lot of people here that know a heck of a lot more about football than me.

Yes there is an injury thread. So by your rules we can't talk about injuries anywhere else? Who cares? Thats what I mean by lighten up.
    Last edited by BisonTeacher; 11-11-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Thanks for sharing, Ever since Saturday I have really been trying to avoid this topic and hoping its not true or it didnt happen. Injuries suck and hate seeing it happen to any player, but I would be lying if I said this one didn't sting a bit more then usual. Grant is not only a tremendous football player but he is a better man. He is everything a Bison player should represent. The fact that Grant is willing and wanting to hold off surgery because he wants to be there to help the team says it all. Grant is one of a kind and its damn shame it played out this way for him.

Gonna miss 34 out there flying around and making plays!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBohl View Post
    Thanks for sharing, ...
    NO no no, this is the "Grant Olson" thread, not the "injuries to Grant Olson" thread, or even the "Grant Olson's comments on his injuries" thread. DO NOT thank that lazy bum for posting that information in here, there are other threads for that...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery