Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Olson

Default Grant Olson

I'm sure there are a few Grant Olson threads out there, I particluarily remember one about him breaking the NCAA record for tackles in a game.

Regardless, my dad and I were talking during the SDSU game about Grant's career after NDSU and if he would be able to play in the NFL. My thoughts are that if he got a shot he would make the most of it, and I don't think I've ever seen a player at any level play with the amount of focused tenacity that he does. That said, he may lack the size to be a linebacker and the quickness to play secondary. I also thought he could be one of those stud Special Teams guys that come about every now and then, Heath Farwell comes to mind.

I could be way off here, but wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Default Re: Grant Olson

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I'm sure there are a few Grant Olson threads out there, I particluarily remember one about him breaking the NCAA record for tackles in a game.

Regardless, my dad and I were talking during the SDSU game about Grant's career after NDSU and if he would be able to play in the NFL. My thoughts are that if he got a shot he would make the most of it, and I don't think I've ever seen a player at any level play with the amount of focused tenacity that he does. That said, he may lack the size to be a linebacker and the quickness to play secondary. I also thought he could be one of those stud Special Teams guys that come about every now and then, Heath Farwell comes to mind.

I could be way off here, but wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this.
    I don't think he's big enough to get NFL attention at LB. I'm not sure if he's fast enough to play safety either. Not to say he couldn't be a special teams contributor but very few NFL players are rostered specifically for special teams. My guess is he'll be undrafted and get a rookie camp invite if he wants one but he'll face a very uphill battle to be playing on Sundays next year.

I think Carlton Littlejohn has more NFL potential (at Safety in 2014).

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't think he's big enough to get NFL attention at LB. I'm not sure if he's fast enough to play safety either. Not to say he couldn't be a special teams contributor but very few NFL players are rostered specifically for special teams. My guess is he'll be undrafted and get a rookie camp invite if he wants one but he'll face a very uphill battle to be playing on Sundays next year.

Agreed..he doesn't seem very tall. Grants a great player, no doubt..but after ndsu, I don't think there's a place for him in the nfl. If there was it'd be special teams

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd like to see him coaching at NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Sounds a lot like what the major colleges were saying about him out of HS--look what happened there!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Agreed..he doesn't seem very tall. Grants a great player, no doubt..but after ndsu, I don't think there's a place for him in the nfl. If there was it'd be special teams

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    This!!! He's be a great assistant on at any program, but he'd be one I'd really like to keep around.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    During one of the broadcasts either during the Kansas State game, or the ESPN Gameday they were talking about
    Grant Olson mentioning he was a 3.8 ?? student and at that time he told the person he felt his calling was
    coaching.

I have no doubt that Grant Olson will be a class act in whatever field he choses.

If he verballed to us today, half of Bisonville would bitch that Grant isn't tall enough or big enough to play MLB in the Mo Valley. If you have ever stood next to him, he is not a big kid. But, I wouldn't trade him for anyone. I hope next year he is a GA on our staff. Kid has an amazing future. Staff nailed it when they signed that young man.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Definitely going down as one of the best linebackers in NDSU history. That 29-tackle game was just epic. Really showing up a little more in the stat column this year too, but what he brings to the field is more than that. Leadership and a great mind for the game.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    If he verballed to us today, half of Bisonville would bitch that Grant isn't tall enough or big enough to play MLB in the Mo Valley. If you have ever stood next to him, he is not a big kid. But, I wouldn't trade him for anyone. I hope next year he is a GA on our staff. Kid has an amazing future. Staff nailed it when they signed that young man.
    Burgundy raises a good point. Easy to say the big schools missed on him with what he has done here. Don't know if people were all that excited about him when he signed. Too lazy to look it up.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo