Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mandel Mailbag Story

Default Mandel Mailbag Story

Nice mention on Page 2 of Stewart Mandel's Mailbag for Sports Illustrated. He talks about voting for FCS schools in the polls and makes the case for NDSU receiving votes over Nebraska. Good Pub!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...t_a3&eref=sihp

Default Re: Mandel Mailbag Story

Awesome nod! Thanks for posting this gem!
    Rynomite

Getting way to obsessed with Bison Football since 2008.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

also included in his weekly wrapup on sunday

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...?sct=obnetwork

Wow this season mainstream media exposure is becoming the norm. I wouldn't be shocked if ndsu and uni get a mention on ESPN game day
    Tweet this @collegegameday

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Wow this season mainstream media exposure is becoming the norm. I wouldn't be shocked if ndsu and uni get a mention on ESPN game day
    I think it is almost a certainty. I think everyone knows these are two top 50 teams. I do NOT expect a full blown preview, but am sure they will get a passing mention like NDSU/Youngstown St. got last year.

Sports Illustrated must be getting on board! Stewart's colleague, Andy Staples includes a mention of our Defense, comparing how NDSU handled SDSU to how Nebraska failed to handle SDSU in his Weekend Walkthough:

"The Cornhuskers had to feel sick when they saw the stats from last week's South Dakota State-North Dakota State game. Two weeks ago, South Dakota State ran for 227 yards and averaged six yards a carry at Nebraska. Against defending FCS champ North Dakota State, the Jackrabbits rushed for -32 yards."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2ggmZkdkG

There are at least 65 teams in FBS better than North Dakota State (and Northern Iowa).

Put down the hallucinogens, people. Get a grip.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I would be shocked if they didn't.

After all, as I mentioned in another thread, they mentioned the NDSU-SDSU game at the beginning of last week's show when they were talking about the big matchups between ranked teams that were happening that Saturday. Loved Herbie's comment also.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I would be shocked if they didn't.

After all, as I mentioned in another thread, they mentioned the NDSU-SDSU game at the beginning of last week's show when they were talking about the big matchups between ranked teams that were happening that Saturday. Loved Herbie's comment also.
    Last year, they even mentioned the YSU matchup and made impromptu picks. And that was when we weren't highly on their radar. Would be shocked of they didn't do it this week with essentially the same top 5 type matchup.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by Capn_Cat View Post
    There are at least 65 teams in FBS better than North Dakota State (and Northern Iowa).

Put down the hallucinogens, people. Get a grip.

Speak for your own thug laden team......yes, there are at least 65 FBS teams better than the purple pussy cats of north iowa. As for NDSU maybe only 20 to 30 FBS teams that are better. NDSU's defense is likely in the top 10 to 20 range. Keep being jealous, it shows!