Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New FBS proposal? Anything to this?

Default Re: New FBS proposal? Anything to this?

Another "proposal" that carries no weight and means absolutely nothing.

Even if it would be adopted, this proposal does nothing to address the 9000 lb. gorilla in the room: the desire for the BCS auto qualifier conferences to form their own division. These conferences could care less about the other non-auto qualifier conferences. This topic has been discussed at length on this board and most others across the country.

I truly believe that a separate division for the auto qualifier conferences will never happen under the umbrella of the NCAA because the non-auto qualifier conferences will put up too much of a stink and will have just enough veto power to block this from happening. The only way for the "Big" conferences to break away entirely from the lesser conferences is for them to form a new Athletic Association. Will this ever happen? I highly doubt it as they have too much to lose in sports other than football. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I see!! I agree with Hammer on this one. Also, and I will ask again, where in the hell does star2 get his bit about NDSU having to join Big Sky, DII stuff etc.? There is nothing in the entire, overly-broad and vague proposal that even remotely touches on that issue!!
    Nope, that was pure speculation on his part. And bad speculation at that. His thought process went something like: All these FBS conferences will leave DI to form a new conference. The Big Sky won't be content to not be in DI, so they will also join the group. Since the MVFC won't be able to move up since it's really a mix of MVC and Summit schools, NDSU will be forced to join the Big Sky or remain in the lower group.

Can anyone point out the breakdown in his chain of reasoning? What makes anyone think that the new group of conferences are interested in anyone joining their club. The Big Sky can wish all they want, they ain't getting in.

Also, if we use the 'division' terminology, this new grouping would be:

DI FBS -> new D1
    all other DI -> new D2
    DII -> new D3
    DIII -> new D4

Or maybe you leave all the current names the same and call the new group Division 0.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Another "proposal" that carries no weight and means absolutely nothing.

Even it would be adopted, this proposal does nothing to address the 9000 lb. gorilla in the room: the desire for the BCS auto qualifier conferences to form their own division. These conferences could care less about the other non-auto qualifier conferences. This topic has been discussed at length on this board and most others across the country.

I truly believe that a separate division for the auto qualifier conferences will never happen under the umbrella of the NCAA because the non-auto qualifier conference will put up too much of a stink and will have just enough veto power to block this from happening. The only way for the "Big" conferences to break away entirely from the lesser conferences is for them to form a new Athletic Association. Will this ever happen? I highly doubt it as they have too much to lose in sports other than football. JMO.
    The more I think about it, I think this is the precursor to that happening. They are recommending each conference get one vote instead of each school getting one vote. If this passes, then they can take the top 6 conferences (they keep mentioning something specifically about AAC which leads me to believe they are the swing vote) and split away with a majority vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    What makes anyone think that the new group of conferences are interested in anyone joining their club.
    Maybe I didn't skim closely enough but, I was shocked to see any proposal where the club was even the same size as it is today. The next move is for the AQ conferences to leave the rest of DI-A behind. Not drag them along into a re-branded organization with fewer restrictions on player compensation where they have no hope of competing.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Found a picture of Star2City/Sue Volley

He gets his info from the same place Geaux Sue does
    The original Da Bison.
    Not to be confused with imposters

People......star2city is the biggest dumb ass to hit the internet. Nothing he says is credible! Ignore his trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    People......star2city is the biggest dumb ass to hit the internet. Nothing he says is credible! Ignore his trolling.
    He posts more crap and intertwines it with just enough facts to make you for a split second think he is sane. I learned a long time ago he is not and everything he posts should just be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    He posts more crap and intertwines it with just enough facts to make you for a split second think he is sane. I learned a long time ago he is not and everything he posts should just be ignored.
    Ya, I learned that AGAIN today. If we had someone that delusional here, s/he would be blasted. Up there, they just go with it. The closest we have to him is TSCF!!/purple -- and Tranny/green!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    I think him, darrel1976, Hayduke and DaveK are the Mount Rushmore of dumbasses...One could also add in fightingsioux4life.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I think him, darrel1976, Hayduke and DaveK are the Mount Rushmore of dumbasses...One could also add in fightingsioux4life.
    ^^^. I should have realized that the link really didn't back up what he was claiming. I did say I thought he was blowing smoke, but I guess I should realized he's just a typical un_ guy and really doesn't know anything.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA