Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The NDSU/SDSU Game on TV.

Default Re: The NDSU/SDSU Game on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    So the asshats at SDSU aren't getting one of the biggest FCS games of the year to date on some sort of national cable channel? Chirst, even UN_ got the Griz game on FCS, so you can't tell me SDSU couldn't have gotten the same deal done. What a load of shit and a kick to the balls to the entire FCS for not making this game available to a national audience. Midco and ND NBC, thanks alot Justin, nice work showcasing your program in hopes of making a few bucks on your cheap ass $12.00 subscription.
    That there about sums it up!

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    So the asshats at SDSU aren't getting one of the biggest FCS games of the year to date on some sort of national cable channel? Chirst, even UN_ got the Griz game on FCS, so you can't tell me SDSU couldn't have gotten the same deal done. What a load of shit and a kick to the balls to the entire FCS for not making this game available to a national audience. Midco and ND NBC, thanks alot Justin, nice work showcasing your program in hopes of making a few bucks on your cheap ass $12.00 subscription.
    I think they pulled some kind of crap like this a few years back, not even agreeing to televise the game. Seems to be standard operating procedure in Brookings.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I think they pulled some kind of crap like this a few years back, not even agreeing to televise the game. Seems to be standard operating procedure in Brookings.
    They won't even provide porta johns or safe bleachers for ndsu fans so this isn't a surprise

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Can we blame SDSU for this? Honest question. I know they sold a bunch of the rights to Learfield(or hired Learfield to manage their media and promotion if that's the phrase you prefer). If the TV package was part of that(likely), SDSU may no longer have control of decisions like that. That decision is likely solely to be made by Midco.

The situation a few years back was different. There was no contract with Learfield/Midco and no one was going to broadcast the game. Some part of Fox Sports was willing to do it for a fee. SDSU didn't want to pay it. NDSU offered to cover the cost in exchange for the ad space that would have gone to SDSU as part of the deal. SDSU still said no. They claimed it would have put too much stress on their staff as the deal was contingent on moving the kickoff time to mid afternoon and one of the Montanas was coming for a basketball game that night.

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So, the only way to watch the game is on the gojack website and to be a subscription member???

first row sports?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTyem View Post
    So, the only way to watch the game is on the gojack website and to be a subscription member???
    Outside of ND/SD: yes. It will be on Midco and ND NBC for those in ND/SD.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Just donated my 12 bucks to SDSU.

Catch is...to cancel it so that recurring billing doesn't happen in a month.
    Been there and forgot to do that!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

I'm gonna have to try and see if I can get Midco through my "smart phone" since I'll be working

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

And western MN including the Detroit Lakes area!