Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Transitive properties: Alabama, Colorado State, & NDSU

Default Transitive properties: Alabama, Colorado State, & NDSU

Before the flaming starts, I am not suggesting we could beat 'Bama. I know transitive properties in football can only be taken so far (which isn't very far, really). Especially across years with different personnel, etc. Besides the any given Saturday principle.

Yet, it cannot escape casual observation that the final score of Alabama's game against CSU today wasn't that different than ours a year ago.

Did anybody see the Alabama game? Did they have a let down after A&M? Did they just let up on the gas early?

I have said this somewhere in another thread, but I think it would make for a very interesting game to pit this year's FCS champion against the FBS title holder at the end of the season. It would never happen for many reasons, but even if the FCS team got smoked, we would have a better idea how the best match up with the best from each division. How much better are they really?

Default Re: Transitive properties: Alabama, Colorado State, & NDSU

Bama is one hell of a lot better. It would be a "Shark Week" game.

"Shark Week" game. Okay. I'll bite. I don't spend chunks of my day on here so maybe don't get a running inside reference. Or perhaps I have the mind of an eight year old. But what is a game that is re: shark week??

Quote Originally Posted by bisononce View Post
    "Shark Week" game. Okay. I'll bite. I don't spend chunks of my day on here so maybe don't get a running inside reference. Or perhaps I have the mind of an eight year old. But what is a game that is re: shark week??
    A big spread. This game would probably by a three TD loss. Having a former 'Bama OC as CAU's head coach probably helped in yesterday's game.

Someone explain this to me... Do we or do we not want to play Alabama? Shouldn't we want to play the best of the best to see how we stack up?

The line on the game would be 32.5. I think we would easily cover that.

Another thing: I think getting a game like Bama or some perennially high ranked opponent is about the only FBS team we could get to play us anymore. What are the chances this could actually happen? About as good as College Gameday coming to Fargo, I bet...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Someone explain this to me... Do we or do we not want to play Alabama? Shouldn't we want to play the best of the best to see how we stack up?

The line on the game would be 32.5. I think we would easily cover that.

Another thing: I think getting a game like Bama or some perennially high ranked opponent is about the only FBS team we could get to play us anymore. What are the chances this could actually happen? About as good as College Gameday coming to Fargo, I bet...
    The chance of this happening are pretty close to none.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Before the flaming starts, I am not suggesting we could beat 'Bama. I know transitive properties in football can only be taken so far (which isn't very far, really). Especially across years with different personnel, etc. Besides the any given Saturday principle.

Yet, it cannot escape casual observation that the final score of Alabama's game against CSU today wasn't that different than ours a year ago.

Did anybody see the Alabama game? Did they have a let down after A&M? Did they just let up on the gas early?

I have said this somewhere in another thread, but I think it would make for a very interesting game to pit this year's FCS champion against the FBS title holder at the end of the season. It would never happen for many reasons, but even if the FCS team got smoked, we would have a better idea how the best match up with the best from each division. How much better are they really?
    Generally, teams play down to the level of their competition. Hence the score. CSU is a bad football team.

After last nights KSU/Texas game, I think it is becoming painfully clear that we beat a poor KSU team, so lets not get too carried away about that win.

NDSU and Bama? I don't even want to see that game.

GT & CB know how to schedule games. It's that simple.

Doubt they'll schedule any of the top elite teams when they're at a peak.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm so confused by threads like these. I can't figure out if it's better to be big time, meaning go FBS and play against anybody, or be small time, meaning schedule our one FBS game like we do now and stay FCS. I thought NDSU's motto was anytime, anyplace, against anybody. Then again GT and CB have the formula down perfectly since we've won the Natty the last two years.

Thank goodness all that truly matters as a fan is to cheer on our boys as they take us all on quite the ride again this season.

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    The chance of this happening are pretty close to none.
    If you asked me 2 weeks ago what the chances were of Gameday coming to Fargo, if say the same: zero - zero point zero percent chance?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery