Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Chuck Klosterman says it would be possible to go FBS......

Default Re: Chuck Klosterman says it would be possible to go FBS......

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    That's what is bothersome to me. I think it is ridiculous to go FBS until they have a legit playoff system.
    I agree. However, we need to be ready.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    how do you define "success" if we were to be in an FBS conference? For football, is it winning the conference title and/or getting to a bowl game? Do most other sports have to finish in the top half of the conference standings?
    We would have to improve the BB programs to the point we would be competitive in a MWC. We are a long ways from that now, but if the $$ was there who knows what we could do. All coaching salaries would have to go up. Even here at WYO where our FB team has sucked the coach makes way more that Bohl. This is from the press release when they WYO coaches contract was extended:

Christensen's new five-year deal will include total compensation of $1.2 million per year

We have to be able to compete with that. Probably not impossible, but if there were a move to FBS it would have to be well planned. I have confidence in Gene T doing the right thing. If we were to push it I think it would take a leader like Chapman as President to get it done. Someone who is bold and willing to take risks. We don't have that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    That's what is bothersome to me. I think it is ridiculous to go FBS until they have a legit playoff system.
    I really doubt that their "legit" playoff system will ever set aside spots for teams from conferences like the MWC, MAC, Sunbelt, etc. Those are basically FCS level conferences in the eyes of the SEC, PAC, B1G, ACC, and Big 12. I'm not exactly sure where the AAC (old Big East) fits.

Gene is taking the correct approach. He is adamant that we will be in the second level of College football when everything is settled. That's good enough for me.

Stay in the Summit and join a football only conference like Idaho.