Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck Klosterman says it would be possible to go FBS......

Default Chuck Klosterman says it would be possible to go FBS......

A great read that even has a skeptic like me thinking twice......

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/412708/

Titled "Debunking supposed obstacles to Bison going big time", makes one give real credence to those wanting to consider the move up.....

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Chuck Klosterman says it would be possible to go FBS......

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    A great read that even has a skeptic like me thinking twice......

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/412708/

Titled "Debunking supposed obstacles to Bison going big time", makes one give real credence to those wanting to consider the move up.....

Thats why I started a new thread right after Bison won against K-State about us going to FBS, because now is as good a time as any to start planning for the next level.

He's right...and notice that he mentioned the Big 12.

I liked the part where he wrote about the chaos in conference alignments possibly working to NDSU's advantage.

Right now...we look like the real deal to the rest of the country. Bohl has a long-term contract. The setting is right.

The stars may not align like this again.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

mountain west! hope for the best! Mountain West! hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I'd have no problem with the Mountain West. I'd get to see them more.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Wow that is an interesting article for sure.

That said, I like some others here do have Mountain West dreams. That is where NDSU belongs.

Nice article but how high of a ceiling could we get? (I have no doubt we'd be successful) Conference USA, Mountain West? They're nice but going to the New Orleans Bowl or Poinsettia Bowl is kinda lame compared to a national title. Sure you might be a Boise State but that's a rarity. But I don't doubt our potential to do so. So I really don't know what I'm saying . Eventually we'll be in the "second tier" of college football with the top FCS teams and people outside of the Big 6.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I would love it living in Vegas, but the only people interested in NDSU to MWC is NDSU people. MWC has zero interest in going that far East. Sadly NAU has a better chance at MWC then NDSU.

Conferences are not looking to add competitive teams, they want TV markets. It sucks but its the truth.

I would consider MAC but only as a football only school. If it was all sports I dont see how NDSU could afford the travel.

The headline sure does look sweat in the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    He's right...and notice that he mentioned the Big 12.

I liked the part where he wrote about the chaos in conference alignments possibly working to NDSU's advantage.

Right now...we look like the real deal to the rest of the country. Bohl has a long-term contract. The setting is right.

The stars may not align like this again.

I think the ESPN guy is saying there is a window of opportunity....with the upheaval in FBS conferences combined with NDSU's national exposure, i.e., marketability, a situation has been created that may be conducive for moving up. Yes, we are regionally isolated; however, on a national stage being isolated makes us unique and unique is a marketable commodity. Put another way, NDSU and its success is fresh. Markets love fresh, markets need fresh.

Furthermore, the notion that some of these conferences will never do this, never do that can change overnight.

I read somewhere that ESPN (the King maker) essentially paved the way for Boise State. I also read that ESPN really calls all the shots when it comes to college football---if espn suggests a certain college should get an invite to a certain conference, said school gets an invite to said conference. We have their premier college football program camped downtown and a ESPN writer (UN_ Grad) pimping SU. I am not saying ESPN has decided to make NDSU their next project, but they seem to be sniffing around.

IF our ambition is to move up then Yes this is when you put a few pieces in place.