Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New SDSU football stadium site plan....

Default Re: New SDSU football stadium site plan....

Then it was on to questions from the audience. People wanted to know if the Jacks would have to play elsewhere during construction (no), if there was consideration to building a dome (not really due to fan preference and competitive advantage) and whether the opinions of students are being considered (yes; Sell gets inputs from 6-7 campus organizations through his athletic director advisory group).

I chuckled at the reasoning for not building a dome. Are they saying the fargodome isn't a competitive home field advantage? :ROFL:
    But I have to say I really do like the new stadium. Now I can jump without fearing a fall to my death! And port a Johns??

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: New SDSU football stadium site plan....

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Well it's not going to produce more revenue. The revenue will be what it is, that's the top line. If they raise more money they'll have to float fewer bonds and they'll pay less interest expense. As a result they may end up with more income or a smaller loss. That's the bottom line.
    You're right: more income or smaller loss. When I made my prior post, I was trying to make sure the post had misstatements and inaccuracies (When in Rome....). ;-)

Another poster commented on some of our AD's comments including lack of interest or support for an indoor facility. I think Sell was simply noting a common opinion of Jacks fans: we want to have an outdoor facility. That's not a reflection on any other school's facility.
    Last edited by JackJD; 01-15-2014 at 12:17 PM.
    Go Jackrabbits!