Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New SDSU football stadium site plan....

Default Re: New SDSU football stadium site plan....

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Miami......
    Touche, but it's also an NFL stadium. True college stadiums only have benches...it's the multipurpose stadiums that get seats.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Touche, but it's also an NFL stadium. True college stadiums only have benches...it's the multipurpose stadiums that get seats.
    Problem with bench seating is many people dont have places to sit because people are now bigger. People have to sit almost sideways to get everyone in. So no you actually dont fit more people in. Then if you get seat backs you do get your actual seats. Plus seat backs save your back and butt.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Plus seat backs save your back and butt.
    TV says this is what saves your back and butt:

Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Problem with bench seating is many people dont have places to sit because people are now bigger. People have to sit almost sideways to get everyone in. So no you actually dont fit more people in. Then if you get seat backs you do get your actual seats. Plus seat backs save your back and butt.
    Well..I mean more people as "capacity"

We definitely didn't fit in our row at K-state either. It was crowwwded.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I can't see where the 6 east side port-a-johns will be put. Can someone point them out to me in the plans?

Looks a little big for what they need but hey, wedidn't consistently fill the dome til 2011-ish so go for it!
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    The red lines in the last drawing are what is to be demolished in phase two. The black lines look to be what is planned for construction and the blue lines are wishlist construction ideas. What I've heard is between $50 and $65 million finished in time for the 2016 season. A bulk of the financing will be in public bonds, with some of the difference being made up by corporate sponsorships and suites. It looks to be an aggressive 22-month construction schedule, beginning next November in time for the playoffs.
    I would think the outdoors nature of the stadium along with being in the Upper Midwest with long winters would tend to limit the idea and feasibility of "real seats". Plus we all know Midwesterners tend to be thicker than most other people, needing more seat space. A lot of the stadiums in the FCS level I visited in the South had bench seats as well. I think unless you are a professional team or have an indoor stadium, it is more likely to be dedicated to bench seats over actual seats.
    All public projects are financed with a bond issue. Question is, who is backing up the bonds? State, Universtiy, or private donors? What is the % contribution of each entity? Also, what is the projected capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    All public projects are financed with a bond issue. Question is, who is backing up the bonds? State, Universtiy, or private donors? What is the % contribution of each entity? Also, what is the projected capacity?
    18,500. Earlier rough plans were in the 22k range, but it looks like they scaled back for one reason or another. Cost perhaps? (not unlike what we're likely to do with the SHAC bids.) A USD fan on the SDSU board jokingly pointed out that the proposed Dakotadome expansion would put it at 18,400. Coincidence that the revised SDSU plan is still larger, even if it's only by 100? Money is in the $60M-$65M range.

Some on the SDSU board aren't happy about the setback and angle of the stands. Higher rows will be significantly farther away from the field compared to today. One theory for the pushback is to leave room for a soccer field if needed sometime in the future. Still, the unhappiness feels like the initial reaction to the Gameday location: a wave of anger followed by a reconsidering and general acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    18,500. Earlier rough plans were in the 22k range, but it looks like they scaled back for one reason or another. Cost perhaps? (not unlike what we're likely to do with the SHAC bids.) A USD fan on the SDSU board jokingly pointed out that the proposed Dakotadome expansion would put it at 18,400. Coincidence that the revised SDSU plan is still larger, even if it's only by 100?

Some on the SDSU board aren't happy about the setback and angle of the stands. Higher rows will be significantly farther away from the field compared to today. One theory for the pushback is to leave room for a soccer field if needed sometime in the future. Still, the unhappiness feels like the initial reaction to the Gameday location: a wave of anger followed by a reconsidering and general acceptance.
    Why does USD need to expand the dome? Are they even getting 10,000 in the place right now?

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Why does USD need to expand the dome? Are they even getting 10,000 in the place right now?
    I think it's part of their longer range plans. Not completely unlike the 35k seat retractable roof stadium in the UN_ master plan from a few years back.