Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New SDSU football stadium site plan....

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: New SDSU football stadium site plan....

New bench seats almost entirely, why basically no real seats?

What are the cost estimates? Capacity? Financing with private funds?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    Only way to squeeze all their fans in the stadium on game day

They're recycling the ones they have now, just will be sitting on a new base.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I take it you haven't been to many college stadiums?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

The red lines in the last drawing are what is to be demolished in phase two. The black lines look to be what is planned for construction and the blue lines are wishlist construction ideas. What I've heard is between $50 and $65 million finished in time for the 2016 season. A bulk of the financing will be in public bonds, with some of the difference being made up by corporate sponsorships and suites. It looks to be an aggressive 22-month construction schedule, beginning next November in time for the playoffs.
    I would think the outdoors nature of the stadium along with being in the Upper Midwest with long winters would tend to limit the idea and feasibility of "real seats". Plus we all know Midwesterners tend to be thicker than most other people, needing more seat space. A lot of the stadiums in the FCS level I visited in the South had bench seats as well. I think unless you are a professional team or have an indoor stadium, it is more likely to be dedicated to bench seats over actual seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    The red lines in the last drawing are what is to be demolished in phase two. The black lines look to be what is planned for construction and the blue lines are wishlist construction ideas. What I've heard is between $50 and $65 million finished in time for the 2016 season. A bulk of the financing will be in public bonds, with some of the difference being made up by corporate sponsorships and suites. It looks to be an aggressive 22-month construction schedule, beginning next November in time for the playoffs.
    I would think the outdoors nature of the stadium along with being in the Upper Midwest with long winters would tend to limit the idea and feasibility of "real seats". Plus we all know Midwesterners tend to be thicker than most other people, needing more seat space. A lot of the stadiums in the FCS level I visited in the South had bench seats as well. I think unless you are a professional team or have an indoor stadium, it is more likely to be dedicated to bench seats over actual seats.
    Damn near every college stadium I've been to has bench seats. It's cheaper and you can fit more people. Look at the big name stadiums, you don't have seats. Fargodome, Metrodome? UNI-dump? That's about it.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Have you seen my new plans for a 50,000 seat stadium for the Bison? It looks wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post

and of course new toilets are on the wishlist...
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Damn near every college stadium I've been to has bench seats. It's cheaper and you can fit more people. Look at the big name stadiums, you don't have seats. Fargodome, Metrodome? UNI-dump? That's about it.
    Miami......
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."