Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Discussion Today with Rivals

Default Re: Interesting Discussion Today with Rivals

I'd do it. Tell us more about the Rivals Team gear promotion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A couple thoughts, I have a relative that attends Texas State so I kind of follow them. The guys at Bobcatreport.com were doing an excellent job covering Texas State. They decided to join rivals for the exposure and offered all sorts of discounts. It started great then after a year it petered off and now they have about 60 paid members online in the pay forum and no discussion in the free area. A large majority of their fans went back to the other Texas State forum, Bobcatfans, and they have now divided their forces. It sucks, and I no longer really follow their forums anymore.

The work you do on recruiting definitely has some monetary value to it. I would rather see Bisonville follow the Texags formula and stay independent. We could have a Team Makers pay section where your info and other inside info could be posted. I love Bisonville and would hate to see Tony's hard work circle the drain. I know in the past he has turned down offers to help pay for Bisonville. However, I think he described it as a labor of love. Might want to get with him on this, maybe he is ready to hang it up, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Upper midwest recruits, in general, do not get rated. That would be a good plus.
    Yes he talked about their rating system and how teams who dont regularly get 3 star recruits and up dont have much interest in recruiting sites. I tended to agree but top FCS programs are different than low level FBS programs. I talked a bit about the page views our recruiting summaries have had and some about my analytics for my site and he was somewhat surprised and asked that I forward him on some of my stats so he could verify.
    I do think there is a market for the upper tier FCS programs when it comes to recruiting, but it appears they want to start with one school and if the demand is there maybe grow it.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    A couple thoughts, I have a relative that attends Texas State so I kind of follow them. The guys at Bobcatreport.com were doing an excellent job covering Texas State. They decided to join rivals for the exposure and offered all sorts of discounts. It started great then after a year it petered off and now they have about 60 paid members online in the pay forum and no discussion in the free area. A large majority of their fans went back to the other Texas State forum, Bobcatfans, and they have now divided their forces. It sucks, and I no longer really follow their forums anymore.

The work you do on recruiting definitely has some monetary value to it. I would rather see Bisonville follow the Texags formula and stay independent. We could have a pay Team Makers pay section where your info and other inside info could be posted. I love Bisonville and would hate to see Tony's hard work circle the drain. I know in the past he has turned down offers to help pay for Bisonville. However, I think he described it as a labor of love. Might want to get with him on this, maybe he is ready to hang it up, who knows?
    I am pretty much in the same boat as Tony. I am not as concerned about making money as I am promoting all that is awesome with this school and getting the correct information into the eyes of those that want it. I would have ultimate control over the board, what topics are brought up and would focus on the recruiting talk and other things not really covered by the Fargo Media. I know half of you will be upset at this, but I dont see any need for a bikini or smack talk forum.

I already ave a rivals account so I'm in

I wouldn't use the message board there anyways

edit I guess I would if the riff raff is controlled so I would use both forums
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

NWNDBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    I am pretty much in the same boat as Tony. I am not as concerned about making money as I am promoting all that is awesome with this school and getting the correct information into the eyes of those that want it. I would have ultimate control over the board, what topics are brought up and would focus on the recruiting talk and other things not really covered by the Fargo Media. I know half of you will be upset at this, but I dont see any need for a bikini or smack talk forum.
    ^^^^^This!!!!!^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I'd do it. Tell us more about the Rivals Team gear promotion.
    I guess it was early July, but here was the promotion. I couldnt pass it up and it appears that do this every year. Its a small window of opportunity and most likely after the launch date we have discussed, but if you can wait or just buy a couple month subscriptions to hold you over to this promo it is well worth it

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...80&CID=1516581

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I already ave a rivals account so I'm in

I wouldn't use the message board there anyways

edit I guess I would if the riff raff is controlled so I would use both forums
    Who did you select as your team when you signed up? I chose Nebraska as those guys have helped me out a bunch.

I totally agree about riff raff, it has its place and can be fun but not for what I would like to do. It's the reason me and .com didnt work. He had his vision for his site and my was very different.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Who did you select as your team when you signed up? I chose Nebraska as those guys have helped me out a bunch.

I totally agree about riff raff, it has its place and can be fun but not for what I would like to do. It's the reason me and .com didnt work. He had his vision for his site and my was very different.

lol..no clue who I picked. I signed up to read the articles and fully admit I don't use it much

in fact I've had it for awhile and not sure i had to pick a team but again I can't remember. is there a way to look on my account?

I just signed in and all it says is Gold 59 months on the top right
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

For mine I just go to Rivals front page and at top it says my fan page. once I click that there is Nebraska stuff all over the page