Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Interesting Discussion Today with Rivals

Default Re: Interesting Discussion Today with Rivals

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    I will pick you up at 1:30... Gotta find a ride back though I guess!
    actually that is not a horrible idea. what time does tailgating start?

John, I think its a cool idea.....what are your thoughts and how it would enhance Bison football? I gotta think it would give the team a leg up in the FCS world.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    actually that is not a horrible idea. what time does tailgating start?
    Leaving work at noon. Running home to change and heading up... Lemme know if you want me to pick ya up.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Talks with Rivals stalled and 247 never seemed serious so thought this was a dead end until today. A rep from Scout reached out to me today and they seem very serious about adding NDSU. I never reached out to Scout so I'm surprised they found me

Question for you guys, do you consider Scout a viable option? I have never been impressed with their NDSU info so I am torn.

My only concern is that when a team gets an active pay forum, the free forum becomes a total troll-S show, and that would hurt Bisonville.

But, you have to think that this is just another way to leverage NDSU's fanbase vs other FCS programs. Not many, if any at all will be able to support this kind of thing.

talked to scout a few years back, they are known for nfl boards and most teams are starting own boards.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Leaving work at noon. Running home to change and heading up... Lemme know if you want me to pick ya up.
    Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    My only concern is that when a team gets an active pay forum, the free forum becomes a total troll-S show, and that would hurt Bisonville.

But, you have to think that this is just another way to leverage NDSU's fanbase vs other FCS programs. Not many, if any at all will be able to support this kind of thing.
    that was actually the basis of my first series of questions with him. the operator of the NDSU free page and pay page will have total control. if you have any questions or concerns you would like me to address with them I would appreciate your help. I'm not just going to jump right in with the first site that offers.

Just my .02 and I am new on here, I have been on Rivals site for more than 10 years, I would rather pay for this site and keep it as is than split it. My view is Rivals does little to enhance the experience. The particular team I pay for I do only because I like the moderator and owner of the site and the job he does if he left Rivals and went private I would follow him.

Rivals technology collapses on a somewhat regular basis especially during signing day.

I am all for you monitizing your work and insights just think there might be a better way.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

247 is probably the way to go if you are paying for a website since you will have access to every team. But any FCS level school that can get on with Rivals, Scout, or 247 should probable take the chance to do so. I am guessing it would expand our fan bases recruiting knowledge greatly.

My side note: I follow the Miami Hurricanes (I know they are bad), but I pay for 247 and I also follow a free board similar to Bisonville. Every article that is on 247 or Rivals, ends up being summarized or copied and put onto the free message board.