Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Discussion Today with Rivals

Default Interesting Discussion Today with Rivals

Today I spoke with the head of their team sites. He told me Rivals has never added a page for a team not in FBS but is very interested in what NDSU has to offer. Nothing is set in stone as I told him I was not ready to move my stuff to a pay site yet and he agreed that the timing is not right for them to add a new site but wants to talk more come late November. He had some concerns that NDSU fans might not support a pay site and that my site does not have a message board. I told him about bisonville and that when I started my site I was not trying to take away from this site or start any sort of war between two competing boards. But my thought with being under the Rivals umbrella would be different as I believe together we can bring NDSU to any even larger national stage.
    The contacts Rivals has when it comes to recruiting is second to none and never again would we wonder if an offer or interest was real or whether there was a school mixup.
    I can tell you I signed up for Rivals in August when they had a promotion. Sign up for a year for $99 and get $90 worth of Rivals team gear which I used to get some new Bison stuff.
    I know for a fact that this will never work if I dont have the support of Bisonville. Would you be willing to continue to support my work if I went to pay content? Would a Rivals message board take away from Bisonville or could we work together? Any thoughts, concerns or suggestions?

Default Re: Interesting Discussion Today with Rivals

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Today I spoke with the head of their team sites. He told me Rivals has never added a page for a team not in FBS but is very interested in what NDSU has to offer. Nothing is set in stone as I told him I was not ready to move my stuff to a pay site yet and he agreed that the timing is not right for them to add a new site but wants to talk more come late November. He had some concerns that NDSU fans might not support a pay site and that my site does not have a message board. I told him about bisonville and that when I started my site I was not trying to take away from this site or start any sort of war between two competing boards. But my thought with being under the Rivals umbrella would be different as I believe together we can bring NDSU to any even larger national stage.
    The contacts Rivals has when it comes to recruiting is second to none and never again would we wonder if an offer or interest was real or whether there was a school mixup.
    I can tell you I signed up for Rivals in August when they had a promotion. Sign up for a year for $99 and get $90 worth of Rivals team gear which I used to get some new Bison stuff.
    I know for a fact that this will never work if I dont have the support of Bisonville. Would you be willing to continue to support my work if I went to pay content? Would a Rivals message board take away from Bisonville or could we work together? Any thoughts, concerns or suggestions?
    I would pay and support all sites

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Count me in. I'll gladly pay for quality content.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

I don't like paying for anything but sounds interesting.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Yes, I would be in.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

If I am alive, I am in for 2-3 accounts.
    Say my name

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    I don't like paying for anything but sounds interesting.
    I usually agree and not a big pay site fan, but this would be something no other FCS teams would have. Plus I would work with you guys. If you have an account and want some information I will be able to get it much easier. This would give us all more information and we would work together to cover the things and info we want to know about.

I'm in, I don't mind paying.

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

I do appreciate the support so far guys and I understand there are those out there that do not want to pay for any content. I just think this is something that would be hard to turn down. I was approached by 247 6 weeks ago and it didnt really interest me. They do good stuff, but are not on Rivals level IMO.

Again it will be a few months before either Rivals or myself makes a decision so anytime you have suggestions on what you want to see, hear or read about let me know.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Upper midwest recruits, in general, do not get rated. That would be a good plus.
    Looking good Billy Ray!