Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Approving new users update

Default Approving new users update

Getting spammed like crazy with new user registrations so I'm trying to make quicker decisions.

One thing that is going to get a new user request rejected almost 100% of the time is if the new user's home page is set to be something like a blog entry about low-cost loans or some scam crap like that.

Default Re: Approving new users update

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Getting spammed like crazy with new user registrations so I'm trying to make quicker decisions.

One thing that is going to get a new user request rejected almost 100% of the time is if the new user's home page is set to be something like a blog entry about low-cost loans or some scam crap like that.
    How about princes with consignment boxes? Yahoo sweepstakes?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I just noticed that the spambota are automatically filling in biographical information.

Hello! My name is Laurene. I am delighted that I can join to the whole globe. I live in Netherlands, in the south region. I dream to go to the various countries, to obtain familiarized with intriguing people.
    I am 34 years old and my name is Abbie Crooks. I life in Rambouillet (France).
    Hello. Your publisher's name is actually Ezequiel Barham. Idaho has long been his or her house. He once was without a job however he is the production and also circulation officer. The issue he adores almost all would be to camp nevertheless he or she has never produced dollar by using it. He will be working and tweaking your blog post the following: natural hair loss product
    I would want to introduce me to you, I am Wilbert but it's not the many masculine name. Colorado is where the home is. My spouse doesn't like it the means I do however, what I truly like doing is climbing plus I can never stop doing it. My day job is a computer operator. I've been functioning about my website for several time now. Check it out here: http://<removed>

Their interests are: Auto audiophilia, Genealogy, Motor sports, Computer programming, Airsoft, Genealogy, Skateboarding, Amateur astronomy. Spambots always have two interests - so basically spambots have a more-detailed and rich life than I do.

I just noticed that the spambota are automatically filling in biographical information.

Hello! My name is Laurene. I am delighted that I can join to the whole globe. I live in Netherlands, in the south region. I dream to go to the various countries, to obtain familiarized with intriguing people.
    I am 34 years old and my name is Abbie Crooks. I life in Rambouillet (France).
    Hello. Your publisher's name is actually Ezequiel Barham. Idaho has long been his or her house. He once was without a job however he is the production and also circulation officer. The issue he adores almost all would be to camp nevertheless he or she has never produced dollar by using it. He will be working and tweaking your blog post the following: natural hair loss product
    I would want to introduce me to you, I am Wilbert but it's not the many masculine name. Colorado is where the home is. My spouse doesn't like it the means I do however, what I truly like doing is climbing plus I can never stop doing it. My day job is a computer operator. I've been functioning about my website for several time now. Check it out here: http://<removed>

Their interests are: Auto audiophilia, Genealogy, Motor sports, Computer programming, Airsoft, Genealogy, Skateboarding, Amateur astronomy. Spambots always have two interests - so basically spambots have a more-detailed and rich life than I do.
    You know what I take from this? The elf is a racist.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Today's spambot biographies:

I'm Ella and I live in Fail. I'm interested in Education Science, Meteorology and Chinese art. I like travelling and watching Sons of Anarchy.
    Hi, My name's Merle Barron. I haven't worked on a wiki project before, so this is my first! My profession is in nursing, but to be perfectly honest I'm just an internet nerd. While my boss does a decently good job keeping me off the internet at work, I'm positive I'll be able to contribute here.
    What's up? My name's Glenn Mckenzie, I'm pretty new to this project, but I aspire to be a useful contributor very soon. My "real job" is in accounting, but to be perfectly honest I'm an internet addict. While my boss does a decently good job of keeping me off the web at work, I'm sure I'll be able to pitch in. Since I'm still new here, I'd seriously appreciate feedback on whatever I bungle. I guess you can put things on this page and I'll see it? I'll get it once I've had a little time to mess around. So... that's it?
    I'm a 37 years old, married and working at the high school (Greek and Roman Culture). In my free time I learn Dutch. I've been there and look forward to go there sometime near future. I like to read, preferably on my kindle. I really love to watch Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory as well as documentaries about anything scientific. I like Games Club - Dungeons and Dragons, Monopoly, Etc..

Wonder if the spammers are pulling these bios in from some place or generating them... er, looks like they are pulling them from a wiki deal.

Ella sounds pretty hot

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Today's spambot biographies:

I'm a 37 years old, married and working at the high school (Greek and Roman Culture). In my free time I learn Dutch. I've been there and look forward to go there sometime near future. I like to read, preferably on my kindle. I really love to watch Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory as well as documentaries about anything scientific. I like Games Club - Dungeons and Dragons, Monopoly, Etc..
    ^^^ This guy's name is Todd Gack.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like Games Club - Dungeons and Dragons, Monopoly, Etc..

How do these go together???

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Doesn't that get you onto the sex offender registry in most states?

Got deluged with new user requests while out of town... sorry for the delay approving new users.