Page 323 of 344 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3435

Thread: ESPN Gameday live from NDSU

Default Re: ESPN Gameday live from NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    How about the fact that after the war Lee himself actively discouraged the display of the battle flag.
    I have never seen any evidence, even anecdotal, of your claim.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by FCS Nation View Post
    Not to nitpick but you aren't exactly correct...

Flag of the 20th Miss Regt Army of Tennessee

Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia

They must all be racist...nevermind the REASONING they give to display the flag....(again pointing at you Kaep).

Not to nitpick but you aren't exactly correct...

Flag of the 20th Miss Regt Army of Tennessee

Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia

The point I was trying to make is that the flag most people think is the Confederate flag is really not what they think it is.

For the record, this is the first time I heard about the flag actual belongs to the "20th Miss Regt Army of Tennessee." The more you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

I have never seen any evidence, even anecdotal, of your claim.
    Don't know if he ever used the word 'flag' specifically, but he did mention marks and symbols of civil strife.

"I think it wisest not to keep open the sores of war but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife and to commit to oblivion the feelings it engendered."

This was one of a series of similar post-war quotes by Lee in his correspondence with others. This quote in particular was in response to a meeting to create Confederate battlefield memorials.

In my limited reading on the topic, I would say it's borderline that Lee meant that the flag should be put away for all time. But I think Lee most definitely would have objected to the way the flag has come to be used by certain groups. He was very clear in his writings that he opposed anything that would stir up strong feelings and continue the animosity between the north and south.

I also ran across a quote by Jefferson Davis, but further reading showed that the quote was taken vastly out of context.

What in the flying fuck are you dorks babbling about

So I have pretty much come to the conclusion ESPN Gameday is not coming back to Fargo for a long time if ever again. When will the rest of Bisonville just let it go? The story was cute and ran it's course with the folks at Gameday. Time for Bison nation to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    What in the flying fuck are you dorks babbling about
    I was wondering the same thing. Saw a new post in the Gameday thread and when I clicked on it I was transported into a klan meeting. WTF?
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So I have pretty much come to the conclusion ESPN Gameday is not coming back to Fargo for a long time if ever again. When will the rest of Bisonville just let it go? The story was cute and ran it's course with the folks at Gameday. Time for Bison nation to move on.
    Agreed. It is what it is. We have a lot to be proud of and ESPN did come do a feature which is more than they would do for any other FCS team. Plus, they will be forced to televise our games again on national TV in December if we can keep rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Agreed. It is what it is. We have a lot to be proud of and ESPN did come do a feature which is more than they would do for any other FCS team. Plus, they will be forced to televise our games again on national TV in December if we can keep rolling.
    LOL.......key word forced. ESPN doesn't give a crap about NDSU since we are FCS. If they can spin a story to the FBS crowd then its OK. I do hope most who read Bisonville realize the FCS kickoff game is just a warm up for their TV crew to try new things before the FBS games start. If they really cared and NDSU was kind of a big deal they would advertise the game a few times in the week prior. So NDSU can force ESPN to come back for football games as long as they still cover FCS semifinals.........good point socalledfan. NDSU just has to keep winning.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    LOL.......key word forced. ESPN doesn't give a crap about NDSU since we are FCS. If they can spin a story to the FBS crowd then its OK. I do hope most who read Bisonville realize the FCS kickoff game is just a warm up for their TV crew to try new things before the FBS games start. If they really cared and NDSU was kind of a big deal they would advertise the game a few times in the week prior. So NDSU can force ESPN to come back for football games as long as they still cover FCS semifinals.........good point socalledfan. NDSU just has to keep winning.
    How many times have you kicked your dog today?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯