Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larson to SDSU hoops

Default Larson to SDSU hoops

Cody Larson, Florida transfer, granted a waiver by NCAA today and has two year's eligibility to play for Coach Nagy's SDSU Jackrabbits.
    Go Jackrabbits!

Default Re: Larson to SDSU hoops

What do you know...the NCAA does have a heart. I am glad Cody was granted his waiver and can be closer to his dealer.

Does he come with his own parole officer and lawyer on retainer ???????

Now when a rabbit hurts themselves in the first half they will be able to come out in the second feeling all better and they will have a big smile on their face.

When each player starts asking Nagey "Is it halftime yet???" we will know what they are waiting for.

fixing it at halftime or getting your fix at halftime will be one and the same.

Congrats and good for him. The oppotunity to play college basketball is a very small window, always hate to see a kid lose a year .

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What's the story with the kid? Why was he looking for a waiver?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    it involved a mug shot, but we all know SDSU stays away from questionable players
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    it involved a mug shot, but we all know SDSU stays away from questionable players
    Hunting violation?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    From what I understand:

Season 1 - Redshirted at Florida
    Season 2 - Played sparingly at Florida
    Season 3 - Did not play but was enrolled at Florida
    Season 4 - Transferred to SDSU. As per transfer rules, is supposed to sit out for a year before being eligible to play, since he was still enrolled at Florida last year.
    Season 5 - Final season of eligibility. Without a waiver, Larson could play this season only for SDSU.

With the waiver being granted, Larson can play both seasons 4 and 5. Without it he would only be able to play next season.

AFAIK, his legal issues have been resolved. He was caught at a house party with prescription drugs during his senior season of high school, and was with some kids who broke into a car (they got grand theft, he got trespassing). By all accounts, these types of situations shouldn't be a recurring issue at SDSU. He is on track to receive a double major at the end of this school year, I believe. Academically, he is in very, very good shape. I take this as an indicator that he has turned things around on the personal front.

It will be interesting to see what his level of contribution is. He was a top 100 recruit out of high school, and had scholarship offers from Iowa, Florida, Kansas, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio State. If he had signed with SDSU out of high school, he might be one of the best recruits ever to sign in the Summit League. I see him as a more athletic version of Dkystra, can shoot and run the floor well.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    From what I understand:

Season 4 - Transferred to SDSU. As per transfer rules, is supposed to sit out for a year before being eligible to play, since he was still enrolled at Florida last year.
    Season 5 - Final season of eligibility. Without a waiver, Larson could play this season only for SDSU.

With the waiver being granted, Larson can play both seasons 4 and 5. Without it he would only be able to play next season.

AFAIK, his legal issues have been resolved. He was caught at a house party with prescription drugs during his senior season of high school, and was with some kids who broke into a car (they got grand theft, he got trespassing). By all accounts, these types of situations shouldn't be a recurring issue at SDSU. He is on track to receive a double major at the end of this school year, I believe. Academically, he is in very, very good shape. I take this as an indicator that he has turned things around on the personal front.

It will be interesting to see what his level of contribution is. He was a top 100 recruit out of high school, and had scholarship offers from Iowa, Florida, Kansas, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio State. If he had signed with SDSU out of high school, he might be one of the best recruits ever to sign in the Summit League. I see him as a more athletic version of Dkystra, can shoot and run the floor well.
    I thought "shooting" ability was a prerequisite for ALL SDSU athletes, including the women cheerleaders-->NO?!?!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    From what I understand:

So why was he granted a waiver? The NCAA has not granted waivers to kids due with legit health issues (either their own or in the family). There seems to be no reason to me he should be eligible to play right away.