Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bison fans are spoiled

Default Re: Bison fans are spoiled

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Red Pepper just another two words meaning High Colonic!
    I do frequent the red pepper when I'm in gf, and the cuisine, though fairly tasty does lead to emergency bowel stops, not unlike getting super nachos at the turf.

Quote Originally Posted by NWNDBison View Post
    Yes, this Bison team is very special. Hope we can keep it going. Bohl is committed to NDSU and maybe he's not terribly greedy. He is enjoying tremendous success, and he knows how that can vanish in a season. He makes a comfortable living at $250,000 plus perks. If he goes to a university team offering $1,000,000, but only lasts three years, what has he gained? (Oh, yeah, $3 mil in 3 years, not 12. But how about his rep?)
    One thing I am pretty sure of is that Bohl will be a success at any team he goes to as a head coach. He isn't going to go to a program that does not show that it has the commitment to the program in the way that NDSU does, but with more money. IF he ever leaves (god I hope not) it is going to be a Major program in one of the top 5-6 conferences. No reason to think he is going to be out in three years at the FBS level or to even think it.
    Did anyone else ever notice that in some interviews with Bohl when they ask him about the style of offense and defense we run how he responds. I believe it is a misconception by quite a few that Bohl only likes to do West Coast offense, and a 4-3 Tampa Two (who knows,lol) defense. But the truth is, he uses those systems because that is the type of recruit physical build wise that he can get plenty of in this area. I can't remember what interview it was where he had indicated that if his recruiting area called for it he would run something different, such as the spread I think is what the reporter was talking to him about or indicating. Now, I think this is a great example of why he is an exceptional coach. He knows what is on the team when he got here and used what he has a lot of access to in the recruiting area, big strong guys with a few speedy ones mixed in, and a Midwest farm boy mentality (meaning bust your butt hard workers). How many coaches do we see at the FBS level come into a program and strip it down and change everything to fit the style they like even though the team is built for something different. Good coaches change to the team, not the other way around. Bohl has figured out and has this program in a place where he does not really need to coach the guys much, the system at NDSU does that and all he has to do is keep fine tuning the players, tweaking their weekly performance and keeping them on their toes. Bison football is kind of like the New England Patriots, their players coach each other up, the system keeps players learning on their own and by observing, bring in smart football players who want to work hard. Anyone remember a quote that Herb Brooks said when he was picking players for the 1980 USA Hockey team, the idea in the quote was, he did not want the best players, he wanted the best team. < That is Craig Bohl football, that is Bison football. (man I just gave myself chills thinking of our next game, bye weeks suck)
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Here's a symptom.

I'm pretty sure that we would have noticed if an NDSU QB threw 20-straight completions in years past. I would never have noticed except that Kolpack or Izzo wrote something about Brock completing his last 13 passes against Kansas State.