Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football walk-on

Default Re: Football walk-on

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Picture and stats or it doesn't happen!!
    This thread just got a little weird.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    recruiting violation right here. Do not encourage athletes to attend and play for NDSU.

2 week ban seems appropriate!!
    I assume this was meant to be a joke, but their is absolutely nothing in the comment that says anything about attending NDSU, so not sure how you even came up with that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Call the football office. Ask for the recruiting coordinator. He will give you all the info. They are going to need to see film of your play from last year and this year as well. Walkons are treated just like recruits now. Its rare that they let a person just walk on with out knowing their potential.
    I'll give a little disclaimer/back story. I'm a sophomore, so I've been out of football for 2 years. My high school tape is largely uninspiring. I weighed between 300-320 lbs my senior year. We had just switched to a 3-4, and I was the biggest kid on the team (not by weight), so I was nose tackle. Plugged up holes, didn't do a whole lot else.

So, now that I have the bad part out, let's go with the good. I've lost 75 lbs in the last year, and now sit at 245. Still continuing to lose fat, and gain muscle. I hope for even more results in this school year (before I'd be trying out). So, easy to say not only am I in much better shape than in HS, but my position has obviously changed. I'm thinking either DE or TE. I'm 6'8", and not to toot my own horn, but I have pretty damn soft hands (which are pretty damn big too). The other side of that is that I've always loved playing on the defensive line, and my frame lends itself to DE.

So yeah, there's a bit more info.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

NDSU has a very good walk on program and many walk ons have flourished here. Moody, Luecke, new runningback Anderson and more. If you have the drive and a dream just contact whatever coach you want to play for be it NDSU, Valleycity, Jamestown or whoever. People have one chance in life to follow their dreams, just don't be in the position to look back and say what could have been. If that is what you want to do the coaches at NDSU and other colleges will be brutally honest with you and will tell you if you have a shot or if you should try out somewhere else. Sometimes the unconventional roads are the most fun roads to follow in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Boardwalk30 View Post
    I'll give a little disclaimer/back story. I'm a sophomore, so I've been out of football for 2 years. My high school tape is largely uninspiring. I weighed between 300-320 lbs my senior year. We had just switched to a 3-4, and I was the biggest kid on the team (not by weight), so I was nose tackle. Plugged up holes, didn't do a whole lot else.

So, now that I have the bad part out, let's go with the good. I've lost 75 lbs in the last year, and now sit at 245. Still continuing to lose fat, and gain muscle. I hope for even more results in this school year (before I'd be trying out). So, easy to say not only am I in much better shape than in HS, but my position has obviously changed. I'm thinking either DE or TE. I'm 6'8", and not to toot my own horn, but I have pretty damn soft hands (which are pretty damn big too). The other side of that is that I've always loved playing on the defensive line, and my frame lends itself to DE.

So yeah, there's a bit more info.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Well you got size and that can't be taught so give it a shot. Like others said contact the recruiting coordinator and they will walk you through the process. Good luck!

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

At the end of the day, some people try and some people don't. Which category do you want to be in?

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Give them a call. Better to do it sooner than later. If you do end up making it, you'll want to be there for spring ball.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Give them a call. Better to do it sooner than later. If you do end up making it, you'll want to be there for spring ball.
    That probably is the best route. Even if it is only for next year, I probably should be in their ear/minds to get the wheels turning now.

Quote Originally Posted by Boardwalk30 View Post
    That probably is the best route. Even if it is only for next year, I probably should be in their ear/minds to get the wheels turning now.
    Go talk to them. If they see the potential they can put you on a plan to be where you need to be when you walk on. Or they may take you on right away after seeing film. You lose nothing by trying but but you will have regrets if you dont.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    I assume this was meant to be a joke, but their is absolutely nothing in the comment that says anything about attending NDSU, so not sure how you even came up with that comment.
    name another coach bohl besides Craig