Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok.... Why isn't the Student Section in the Endzone???

Default Ok.... Why isn't the Student Section in the Endzone???

Honestly! Maybe its been discussed on here before but I certainly havent seen it. WHY DONT THEY PUT THE STUDENTS IN THE ENDZONE?? Seriously, it makes no sense to me to split it up the way it is. It would look soooooo much cooler just having this sea of gold (yellow), frenzied students, directly behind the endzone. Teams would be pissing their pants on that end of the field even more than they are now. I dont know, it seems just so obvious to me... Can anyone shed light on this subject or try and convince me otherwise?? It's something Ive thought about since the first game I saw at the Dome, someone talk some sense into me!

Default Re: Ok.... Why isn't the Student Section in the Endzone???

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Honestly! Maybe its been discussed on here before but I certainly havent seen it. WHY DONT THEY PUT THE STUDENTS IN THE ENDZONE?? Seriously, it makes no sense to me to split it up the way it is. It would look soooooo much cooler just having this sea of gold (yellow), frenzied students, directly behind the endzone. Teams would be pissing their pants on that end of the field even more than they are now. I dont know, it seems just so obvious to me... Can anyone shed light on this subject or try and convince me otherwise?? It's something Ive thought about since the first game I saw at the Dome, someone talk some sense into me!
    Students deserve the best seats in the house. It's a student activity. Their classmates are on the field. The sea of gold would look best between the 20s.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Originally the end zone was the plan, I believe the students complained after first year in done, then it was changed.

At least that's what I remember, roadwarrior will know for sure.

Yes, the students had the south end zone in 1993. The students weren't happy. The finance commission members put the squeeze on the athletic department to get some sideline seats. And it's been that way it is ever since.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    Originally the end zone was the plan, I believe the students complained after first year in done, then it was changed.

At least that's what I remember, roadwarrior will know for sure.
    This is correct, first year in the dome student section was in the endzone and there were many complaints by students about this and it was changed the following year. I believe we even had a few "these seats suck @$$" chants that year.

Quote Originally Posted by CivilBison96 View Post
    This is correct, first year in the dome student section was in the endzone and there were many complaints by students about this and it was changed the following year. I believe we even had a few "these seats suck @$$" chants that year.
    There were many such chants. I hated those seats.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

hmmm I see. Does anyone know of any other school our size or bigger who gives away premium seating to students? I've never knowingly seen a school give sideline seats to students before

why all hate towards the students today??

damn season needs to start to calm everyone down

first we want to cut their tickets, now we need to kick them out of their seats
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Virtually every game there is a sea of gold. Tough to see where the students end. They deserve better seats as they ate tbe driving force behind the energy and are future TM

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    why all hate towards the students today??

damn season needs to start to calm everyone down

first we want to cut their tickets, now we need to kick them out of their seats
    Hey man! No hate here, I'm a student myself, It just never made sense why they gave us sideline seats when no one else does! just wondering what the situation was is all!