Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Football walk-on

Default Football walk-on

Hey guys, I realize my post count is low and all, I've been lurking the forums for a while and I just had to make an account to ask you guys a question. Does anybody know anything about the walk-on program here @ NDSU? For example, I've heard NDSU has to carry a couple walk-on spots each year, and so it would obviously not be a forgotten effort. Or perhaps any info as to when the tryouts would happen. Tips? Haha sorry about the complete ambiguity of the questions, but I'm just looking for a bit of information regarding it, and just wanted to see if you guys knew anything. Obviously if this plan folds out I would have to contact the athletic department to actually get concrete info, but I thought for pure speculative purposes you guys could perhaps help me out. Thanks a ton!

Default Re: Football walk-on

Quote Originally Posted by Boardwalk30 View Post
    Hey guys, I realize my post count is low and all, I've been lurking the forums for a while and I just had to make an account to ask you guys a question. Does anybody know anything about the walk-on program here @ NDSU? For example, I've heard NDSU has to carry a couple walk-on spots each year, and so it would obviously not be a forgotten effort. Or perhaps any info as to when the tryouts would happen. Tips? Haha sorry about the complete ambiguity of the questions, but I'm just looking for a bit of information regarding it, and just wanted to see if you guys knew anything. Obviously if this plan folds out I would have to contact the athletic department to actually get concrete info, but I thought for pure speculative purposes you guys could perhaps help me out. Thanks a ton!
    Picture and stats or it doesn't happen!!

Someone with knowledge will chime in. There is a preferred walk-on program, I know that.

Have you done your homework?!

About time for bed??

I kid--hope you get your answer and welcome to the Madhouse that it Bisonville-->see sigline!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

PWO is when coaches invite you to walk on and basically guarantees you get a spot on the roster.

They had regular tryouts once school started and fall camp was finished. Some of those were even PWO guys as they had reached their limit for fall camp attendees.

Can you try out later in the year....I am not sure on that. I believe there is a limit for how many players you can carry during the season, but I am not positive in the number.

To be clear, I was talking about looking to do it for next year.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If I were you brother, I would go to Coach Bohl's office tell the lady at the front desk that i want to talk to Coach Bohl and when I meet Coach Bohl just slam my ID on the table LOOK him in the eye and tell him, Coach I want to play, I want to start as a PWO. When can I start.

I dont care if there is a limit or what not, "Where there is a will there is a way"

Call the football office. Ask for the recruiting coordinator. He will give you all the info. They are going to need to see film of your play from last year and this year as well. Walkons are treated just like recruits now. Its rare that they let a person just walk on with out knowing their potential.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    If I were you brother, I would go to Coach Bohl's office tell the lady at the front desk that i want to talk to Coach Bohl and when I meet Coach Bohl just slam my ID on the table LOOK him in the eye and tell him, Coach I want to play, I want to start as a PWO. When can I start.

I dont care if there is a limit or what not, "Where there is a will there is a way"
    How old are you?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post

recruiting violation right here. Do not encourage athletes to attend and play for NDSU.

2 week ban seems appropriate!!

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    recruiting violation right here. Do not encourage athletes to attend and play for NDSU.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post

Shit my bad