Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joe Haeg torn MCL

Default Re: Joe Haeg torn MCL

Get well soon Joe. Hope to see you back on the field for conference play!

Looked like the play before the screen to Lang. got hit from the side on the lower leg and was down for a couple seconds. Then on the screen provided a good block for Langer to get the 1st.

Hope he recovers quickly. However, I kind of interested to see big Jack out their.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    It is rare:
    1) that you see a complete MCL tear without an accompanying ACL tear.
    2) that MCL tears require repair. However, complete tears can be surgically repaired....usually using part of one of the hamstring tendons as a graft.
    3) Playing football with a complete tear is, for the most part, NOT doable. Too much instability.
    Well, now I know to go to Izzy next time my son has a sports injury, but I think I'll have my daughter seek care from another provider.....

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    If it was severe enough, it would need to be replaced, wouldn't it? As for removing part of it, that is what I had done my senior year during to season with my ACL. They removed about 2/3's of it, but did not otherwise "repair" it. Maybe they do things differently now and just leave it alone, or it is different scenario. You would know better than I, so I will defer to you.

"Irregardless", I will stick with my specialty!!
    Excited to see Plankers get some PT.

I'm surprised with how old CAS is they didn't just amputate....wasn't that the norm at the time?
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

I believe Bohl called it a strained MCL during his press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Hopefully a minor tear then, one which they can just remove the torn part with no repair surgery necessary.
    Hopefully, but adrenaline is a hell of a hormone. Get enough of that pumped into your system and you can fight through just about any sort of pain.

Haeg has a sprained MCL not torn. Big difference. Careful posters about getting facts straight before you post. Will be great for Plankers to get some game time but remember size is not everything. Ability is. Haeg has proven that and will be back in no time.