Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toutorial from Western Michigan on how not to start game day "traditions"

Default Re: Toutorial from Western Michigan on how not to start game day "traditions"

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Reminded me of Bill and Ted's Excelent Adventure.
    Good find btw, Audit!! It's almost hard to believe really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Toutorial from Western Michigan on how not to start game day "traditions"

IMO, it is better than having no tradition. If you dont win much, you better find a way to involveyour students. The DJ thing is kinda stupid, but i can see orchestrating a few of the other things. While they are rowin the boat to start the 4th, what are we doin. Pickin our ass with 4 fingers in the air. Hardly a tradition. I suggested one time that we do a video flag raising to Muse's Uprising, to generate some freakin energy in the place, but you guys want to quietly stand the with 4 fingers up your ass. Id rather row the damn boat than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    IMO, it is better than having no tradition. If you dont win much, you better find a way to involveyour students. The DJ thing is kinda stupid, but i can see orchestrating a few of the other things. While they are rowin the boat to start the 4th, what are we doin. Pickin our ass with 4 fingers in the air. Hardly a tradition. I suggested one time that we do a video flag raising to Muse's Uprising, to generate some freakin energy in the place, but you guys want to quietly stand the with 4 fingers up your ass. Id rather row the damn boat than that.
    A top down manufactured "tradition" to the song Uprising? Next thing you'll be telling me Born In The USA is a patriotic anthem.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I'd rather stick my fingers up my butt than have a nursery rhyme start playing

just saying.....I don't mind getting the place going but I hope it doesn't come to having a DJ playing rap/dance music
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    A top down manufactured "tradition" to the song Uprising? Next thing you'll be telling me Born In The USA is a patriotic anthem.
    Next thing your going to tell me is 5 minutes of dead air gets our team up for the 4th. Maybe we should start a new tradition, a moment of silence, while WI does their jump around.

Do you have a clue how far back the 4 fingers goes?! Do you know what it signifies?! Think fucking KSU 4th quarter!! WTF?!?!

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Do you have a clue how far back the 4 fingers goes?! Do you know what it signifies?! Think fucking KSU 4th quarter!! WTF?!?!

Im not saying, dont hold up 4 fingers up, go ahead continue, but something else should be added to get people excited and on their feet for the 4th. Id suggest a song that becomes tradition, similar to the tunnel walk anthem.

Ya Uprising, as in, we are going to rise up, plant our flag in the middle of the field, kick your ass, and win the game. Get cheer team and yell leaders involved. It could be cool and generate some energy. Why do you think WI does it?

GradBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Man WMU is so.... nautical!

Im not saying, dont hold up 4 fingers up, go ahead continue, but something else should be added to get people excited and on their feet for the 4th. Id suggest a song that becomes tradition, similar to the tunnel walk anthem.
    This is what you don't get. Holding up 4 fingers is meant to say "We own the 4th because we have outworked and out trained you". It's about intensity, and I don't want some effing song to be sang when I, as a player, am intense. The players get it, and prefer silence so they can dig down to what they have left and think, "I will give it all I have--and then some"!!

Example: Haeg, with a knee injury and all, tells himself, "I'm staying in til the end ... and then some".

Say or think what you want, but the time between the 3rd & 4th is for the team, not the fans.

Peace out!!

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You do realize that it was a marketing deal and that was the only reason is was pushed? I dont think it has the longevity to be called a tradition.
    I
    ps At home games green is mean!!!! No yellow for this guy.
    You were busted in front of 90 million potential viewers wearing gold! BUSTED!

Btw congrats on your celebrity status, looking slim! And they say tv adds 20 lbs!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com