Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Reserved tailgating for Ferris!

Default Re: Non-Reserved tailgating for Ferris!

Quote Originally Posted by BISON1434er View Post
    I am not saying when I am rolling over there, but I expect there to be mass demand for a lack of parking spots come Saturday morning. I hope NDSU has a plan on where to park half the tailgaters that will not find spots in the official lot. I was expecting that I would get reserved spots based on my priorty points, but that did not happen. I wanted to go the $3 a spot way and get in line early, but the group as a whole did not like having to commit a morning of getting up prior to the sun to take part in the fun. I expect that since I did not get reserved, there are several more setups that also will be in the land grab on Saturday.

The North End is going to be half full until about 2 hours prior to kickoff if that. Several spots have probably been purchased by teamakers as a way to donate to the team, and have that parking spot reserved for homecoming game that they might make. Several others will be people parking and walking over to the existing reserved lots.

I thought the days pre reserved made for a better atmoshpere, but with Campers, Buses, and trailers, groups like to have and need to have a consistent space to setup. It will be good time no matter what, but I know there will be some frustration when the South lot is full, and there space in the North half.
    The tailgating situation is a lesson is dumb recent decision making by NDSU.

While I admit that only allowing alcohol on the West side helped reve up the atmosphere in one area, it is an outdated policy at this point. We need more room, and it would seem natural to me to open up all dome lots to alcohol tailgating.

Further, if they really wanted to keep it on the West side, why did they "box in" those lots? They could have kept expanding west, but they chose to put buildings there which is not the fan's fault. They really have no choice but to open it up anywhere due to this, but I am sure the No0na and the other mafia at NDSU would fight this.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    The tailgating situation is a lesson is dumb recent decision making by NDSU.

While I admit that only allowing alcohol on the West side helped reve up the atmosphere in one area, it is an outdated policy at this point. We need more room, and it would seem natural to me to open up all dome lots to alcohol tailgating.

Further, if they really wanted to keep it on the West side, why did they "box in" those lots? They could have kept expanding west, but they chose to put buildings there which is not the fan's fault. They really have no choice but to open it up anywhere due to this, but I am sure the No0na and the other mafia at NDSU would fight this.
    Know your enemy, grasshopper. NDSU wants this to grow, but they have to play by the rules. Come to a spring game and talk to Gene Taylor and you will understand.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Know your enemy, grasshopper. NDSU wants this to grow, but they have to play by the rules. Come to a spring game and talk to Gene Taylor and you will understand.
    Care to elaborate? You have another explanation other than the anti-alcohol mafia?

Care to elaborate? You have another explanation other than the anti-alcohol mafia?
    There is the anti-alcohol mafia...but you need to know who they are...it is the city commission. They are on our side...barely.

I expect tailgating to spill into the research lots to the west. Prior to paving on wet weekends, people parked over there to stay out of the mud, and I do not think they were hassled to much.

Its more of a self policing issue. As long as the Tailgaters pick up their area prior to leaving, and stop their friends from doing stupid things, everyone involved is in a good mood. The only exception is the undercover cop or Dome security guy that takes pictures of you, your vehicle, and your trailer, because supposedly you are causing issues when you realize your crew left a mess, and your the last one their to clean everything up and lock down the tailgate prior to going to the game. That guy is always looking to cause issues.

Research Lots---Not hassled at all! At least not for us last year.

Camera guy---Take his picture and post it

I expect tailgating to spill into the research lots to the west. Prior to paving on wet weekends, people parked over there to stay out of the mud, and I do not think they were hassled to much.

Its more of a self policing issue. As long as the Tailgaters pick up their area prior to leaving, and stop their friends from doing stupid things, everyone involved is in a good mood. The only exception is the undercover cop or Dome security guy that takes pictures of you, your vehicle, and your trailer, because supposedly you are causing issues when you realize your crew left a mess, and your the last one their to clean everything up and lock down the tailgate prior to going to the game. That guy is always looking to cause issues.

One undercover cop stopped a group of us walking to the porta potty last year...like super early in the morning. We are 27-30+ in our group, so none of us are even CLOSE to being underage. He hassled me about the height and weight on my license and then actually heckled me with a friend of his that wasn't a cop that happened to be walking along. When he first asked for our IDs he didn't even identify himself, so naturally I said, "uh, no that's fine, I'm going to the bathroom". That guy was a grade A prick douchebag. Other than that, everyone is friendly.

I think we'll be there about 8am, nice and early.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    One undercover cop stopped a group of us walking to the porta potty last year...like super early in the morning. We are 27-30+ in our group, so none of us are even CLOSE to being underage. He hassled me about the height and weight on my license and then actually heckled me with a friend of his that wasn't a cop that happened to be walking along. When he first asked for our IDs he didn't even identify himself, so naturally I said, "uh, no that's fine, I'm going to the bathroom". That guy was a grade A prick douchebag. Other than that, everyone is friendly.

Idiots. Here is another example of how dumb the tailgating policies are:

If they really want to catch underage drinkers, it would be a heck of a lot easier WITHOUT the dumb cup rules. What are they going to do; try to peer into the cup of every underage drinker to see if it looks like beer? And how can them be sure not mellow yellow, mountain dew, or neer beer? On the other hand, if you let us drink out of cans, pretty darn easy to bust folks.

I am sick and tired of this micro managing. At K St last week, a school the supposedly does NOT allow alcohol tailgating, there was absolutely no enforcement of any rules and everything went just fine without the dome nazi's, plain clothes dicks, etc.

Edit: Can someone explain to me why NDSU makes you hide you hard liquor/beer cans? Do they really think that makes people think no one is drinking? I nearly snapped at someone last year who told me to put away my kettle bottle, but common sense took over.

Idiots. Here is another example of how dumb the tailgating policies are:

If they really want to catch underage drinkers, it would be a heck of a lot easier WITHOUT the dumb cup rules. What are they going to do; try to peer into the cup of every underage drinker to see if it looks like beer? And how can them be sure not mellow yellow, mountain dew, or neer beer? On the other hand, if you let us drink out of cans, pretty darn easy to bust folks.

I am sick and tired of this micro managing. At K St last week, a school the supposedly does NOT allow alcohol tailgating, there was absolutely no enforcement of any rules and everything went just fine without the dome nazi's, plain clothes dicks, etc.

Edit: Can someone explain to me why NDSU makes you hide you hard liquor/beer cans? Do they really think that makes people think no one is drinking? I nearly snapped at someone last year who told me to put away my kettle bottle, but common sense took over.
    Issues were much less last year...things are going in the right direction.

Sounds like a good case for a formal complaint. Was he an NDSU or Fargo Officer--either way I would have been calling an administrator....Next time have someone in your group take pictures and or record the incident. Even other cops hate prick cops as they make their job harder.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post