Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Reserved tailgating for Ferris!

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Non-Reserved tailgating for Ferris!

Fellow non-reserved tailgaters, how early is everyone planning on getting in line? My convoy will be grabbing some coffee/donuts pretty early and head straight over.

Default Re: Non-Reserved tailgating for Ferris!

If I told you..then I would have to kill you

Which one of you guys is in line right now?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Which one of you guys is in line right now?
    Travis from the SDSU Sports Block. Someone told him there would be flannel there.

I am not saying when I am rolling over there, but I expect there to be mass demand for a lack of parking spots come Saturday morning. I hope NDSU has a plan on where to park half the tailgaters that will not find spots in the official lot. I was expecting that I would get reserved spots based on my priorty points, but that did not happen. I wanted to go the $3 a spot way and get in line early, but the group as a whole did not like having to commit a morning of getting up prior to the sun to take part in the fun. I expect that since I did not get reserved, there are several more setups that also will be in the land grab on Saturday.

The North End is going to be half full until about 2 hours prior to kickoff if that. Several spots have probably been purchased by teamakers as a way to donate to the team, and have that parking spot reserved for homecoming game that they might make. Several others will be people parking and walking over to the existing reserved lots.

I thought the days pre reserved made for a better atmoshpere, but with Campers, Buses, and trailers, groups like to have and need to have a consistent space to setup. It will be good time no matter what, but I know there will be some frustration when the South lot is full, and there space in the North half.

Quote Originally Posted by BISON1434er View Post
    I am not saying when I am rolling over there, but I expect there to be mass demand for a lack of parking spots come Saturday morning. I hope NDSU has a plan on where to park half the tailgaters that will not find spots in the official lot. I was expecting that I would get reserved spots based on my priorty points, but that did not happen. I wanted to go the $3 a spot way and get in line early, but the group as a whole did not like having to commit a morning of getting up prior to the sun to take part in the fun. I expect that since I did not get reserved, there are several more setups that also will be in the land grab on Saturday.

The North End is going to be half full until about 2 hours prior to kickoff if that. Several spots have probably been purchased by teamakers as a way to donate to the team, and have that parking spot reserved for homecoming game that they might make. Several others will be people parking and walking over to the existing reserved lots.

I thought the days pre reserved made for a better atmoshpere, but with Campers, Buses, and trailers, groups like to have and need to have a consistent space to setup. It will be good time no matter what, but I know there will be some frustration when the South lot is full, and there space in the North half.
    Agree to a point....I think at least a good chunk of last year's non-reserved group is among the new reserved lot folks...it won't be every non-reserved tailgater from last season fighting for half the amount of spaces (sans homecoming, but that has been a zoo every year anyway). My group is split about getting there extremely early, but our setup doesn't take a ton of space. I have enough volunteers (myself included) to get there early for the needed real estate. Regardless, Saturday will be interesting for sure.

Still drunk and in line is all I'm allowed to say...
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Same..been here since we got back from Manhattan

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We used to be first or second in line depending upon what time Killdeer got there.... We are now reserved and I couldn't be happier.

Can you bring a trailer and/or canopy to the East side of the Dome? I know that there is no alcohol permitted, which is fine. If someone in our group wants to drink, they have head over to the West Side. I am planning on going early and try the West side, but wanted to know my other options were.