Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm not ready to be done talking about the Kstate game...

Hybrid View

Default I'm not ready to be done talking about the Kstate game...

I doubt many of you will disagree with me on this, but I think we were not only better prepared for that game than our opponent, but are just flat out better than them. I don't think the score was really indicative of HOW MUCH better. There were 3 glaring errors that we made that could have change the trajectory of the game and the score dramatically. I get how the butterfly effect works, and I'm not usually a "What if" guy, but hear me out on this one:

-Ryan Smith TD, 7-0
    -Heagle doesn't get burned and they have to settle for a field goal (first error), 7-3
    -We don't drop that pass in the endzone near the end of the first half (second error), 14-3
    -Marcus doesn't bite on the double move and they settle for 3 again (third error), 14-6
    -Sams scores on his great run play, 14-13
    -Vraa TD, 21-13
    -Keller hits, 24-13
    -Jensen TD, 31-13

So, 3 big errors were basically a 21 point swing. I thought we looked and ARE much better than them.

I'm pretty excited to see what else this team can do...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Default Re: I'm not ready to be done talking about the Kstate game...

The perfect TD pass that was dropped was massive and nobody is talking about it. We would have been up 14-7. Then missed the fg and momentum swung. We were dominating. Huge turning point. Glad that isn't a play we are saying "what if" about.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    The perfect TD pass that was dropped was massive and nobody is talking about it. We would have been up 14-7. Then missed the fg and momentum swung. We were dominating. Huge turning point. Glad that isn't a play we are saying "what if" about.
    I can't forget that missed TD. We may have taken control at that point.

Something else I would like to talk about is the trip back to Fargo. We stayed in KC and went to an Irish festival. With our NDSU shirts, we were stars! Everyone talked to us and congratulated us. Thay was awesome. Husker fans, Mizzou fans, jayhawks, and a couple kstate guys too. Great weekend

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I can't forget that missed TD. We may have taken control at that point.

Something else I would like to talk about is the trip back to Fargo. We stayed in KC and went to an Irish festival. With our NDSU shirts, we were stars! Everyone talked to us and congratulated us. Thay was awesome. Husker fans, Mizzou fans, jayhawks, and a couple kstate guys too. Great weekend

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
    That dropped TD pass reminded me of the Wyoming loss....we were dominating, couple of drops and suddenly we lose. I was gripping after that non catch. Just terrible. I still cannot believe how good Brock was....and how impressive our line play was. We were in better condition that them late. Also, Vigen said that Sam made some great improvements in the off season. He was terrific. Great to see our offense play like that. Our defense was just flat out awesome. They couldn't run on us. We ran it down their throats. That is impressive. That is how you win football games. Lets just catch the ball while in the endzones please!!!!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Awesome thread........have to keep talking up this game until saturday morning. But then, how prepared will we be for the Ferris State game? ha ha!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Awesome thread........have to keep talking up this game until saturday morning. But then, how prepared will we be for the Ferris State game? ha ha!
    You're laughing, but not sure we should be.

There is bound to be a letdown for this game. How bad it will be is yet to be seen.

Reasons for a letdown:

1 The team put it all on the line Friday night and left nothing on the field. Remember the comments from the Bison players before and after the GSU game? The Wofford game took a lot out of the players. My guess is the KSU game took out more. The big difference between the two, the Bison knew they were going to meet a terrific team in Geo Southern, against Ferris State, not so much.

2. Everyone is still being asked and is talking about last weeks game. It has to be tough to concentrate and focus on a preparations for a team like Ferris State.

3. There is no doubt in my mind that KSU players did not respect the Bison. There was plenty of evidence throught the first quarter and a half that the Wildcats were going through the motions. I think there is a good chance that may happen against a DII team.

Now, before you all take this as negative, that is not what is meant here. I just think it is nearly impossible for the Bison to not be flat for this game, although I am confident they will win handily. But, I am personally hoping that the Bison second and third string play all or most of the second half. I just hope that comes true, but I have some concerns.

That dropped TD pass reminded me of the Wyoming loss....we were dominating, couple of drops and suddenly we lose. I was gripping after that non catch. Just terrible. I still cannot believe how good Brock was....and how impressive our line play was. We were in better condition that them late. Also, Vigen said that Sam made some great improvements in the off season. He was terrific. Great to see our offense play like that. Our defense was just flat out awesome. They couldn't run on us. We ran it down their throats. That is impressive. That is how you win football games. Lets just catch the ball while in the endzones please!!!!
    I thought Bohl said sam added some "good weight." Still looks pretty fast too! Crockett never had much space to work with, I hope he has a big game Saturday and starts rolling.

When the Bison were down 14 and driving, I had a brief thought about what it would be like to lose a close one. Yuck.

Would never have admitted it before the game, but I was really hoping for a shutout.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I doubt many of you will disagree with me on this, but I think we were not only better prepared for that game than our opponent, but are just flat out better than them. I don't think the score was really indicative of HOW MUCH better. There were 3 glaring errors that we made that could have change the trajectory of the game and the score dramatically. I get how the butterfly effect works, and I'm not usually a "What if" guy, but hear me out on this one:

-Ryan Smith TD, 7-0
    -Heagle doesn't get burned and they have to settle for a field goal (first error), 7-3
    -We don't drop that pass in the endzone near the end of the first half (second error), 14-3
    -Marcus doesn't bite on the double move and they settle for 3 again (third error), 14-6
    -Sams scores on his great run play, 14-13
    -Vraa TD, 21-13
    -Keller hits, 24-13
    -Jensen TD, 31-13

So, 3 big errors were basically a 21 point swing. I thought we looked and ARE much better than them.

I'm pretty excited to see what else this team can do...
    I agree we were the better team....but...they made some mistakes as well. I think the biggest mistake was their play calling. They have two WR's with talent we won't see again this year. Why didn't they throw deep more often? BCS teams thrive on those big plays and I was shocked that they only threw deep a couple of times....I think we would've been in trouble had they kept throwing the ball instead of trying to turn Waters into Collin Klein...This may not be Snyder's style either but then he is wasting some serious talent with those receivers which goes back to play calling. You gotta go with what's working no matter what your game is and take advantage of your talent...

With that said, I wouldn't mind if we threw it deep a few times a game as well...I don't see what it would hurt. D-Gray all the way!!!

We still win of course but it's a higher scoring game.

I too am excited about this team!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I agree we were the better team....but...they made some mistakes as well. I think the biggest mistake was their play calling. They have two WR's with talent we won't see again this year. Why didn't they throw deep more often? BCS teams thrive on those big plays and I was shocked that they only threw it a couple of times....I think we would've been in trouble had they kept throwing the ball instead of trying to turn Waters into Collin Klein...

With that said, I wouldn't mind if we threw it deep a few times a game as well...I don't see what it would hurt. D-Gray all the way!!!

I too am excited about this team!
    This. Once it started to get clear that they were going to have trouble with the running game and they scored their two long touchdowns...I was afraid they were going to just keep throwing it deep until we stopped it. They obviously had different ideas.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo