Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the end of the road for Coach Bohl at NDSU?

Default Re: Is this the end of the road for Coach Bohl at NDSU?

The odds went up but honestly even if it happens I am not worries as long as we keep tbe same offense, defense, and systems in place. As long as we don't change we will reload just like we used to. Morton, Solomon, Hager. Promote from within and keep the PROGRAM together!

My only fear is we get a new system and fuck up everything

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    The odds went up but honestly even if it happens I am not worries as long as we keep tbe same offense, defense, and systems in place. As long as we don't change we will reload just like we used to. Morton, Solomon, Hager

My only fear is we get a new system and fuck up everything
    In my opinion, Vigen will be our next head coach, so I don't think anything changes.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We need to give this man a pay raise.
    The fella that watches the CFL

no. ten char

These were my predictions in the Prediction Thread last Friday.

My Prediction:
    1. Bison by 10
    2. KSU goes on to have a great year and Bison start to receive top 25 votes in AP Poll.
    3. FBS teams start looking at Bohl more seriously for their next head coach
    4. Bohl elects to stay at NDSU citing the usual reasons, great fans, great town, son plays at MSU, FCS is better than FBS because of playoffs and Hot Wife.

Book It

I came close on the margin of victory and I feel the rest of my predictions will play themselves out.

If he wants a BCS job, I hope he gets it. All us Bison fans have demanded from our past coaches is two national championships.

I don't see him going to a non-BCS school.

All I know is that every year Coach Bohl has been here, I've heard how he is going to leave and yet he's still here, but if he doesn't go this year, I think that this annual question can be put to rest. He has nothing left to prove at NDSU and the senior class is massive so that next year will be the start of a rebuild so this would be the perfect time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    All I know is that every year Coach Bohl has been here, I've heard how he is going to leave and yet he's still here, but if he doesn't go this year, I think that this annual question can be put to rest. He has nothing left to prove at NDSU and the senior class is massive so that next year will be the start of a rebuild so this would be the perfect time to move on.
    Yep if it is going to happen it will happen this year. It may not happen and it may happen only time will tell. It all depends on what coach wants to deal with and what he envisions happening in his life in the next 10 years. He may find himself in a position that money is not the motivator anymore and maybe not. He will hit the 40% tax bracket with anything above what he makes now, so you have to sit down and figure out the dollars and cents and the time comittment and risk and happiness portions. Does he stay and work the system that he has put in place or does he go and totally set up the system anew.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    These were my predictions in the Prediction Thread last Friday.

My Prediction:
    1. Bison by 10
    2. KSU goes on to have a great year and Bison start to receive top 25 votes in AP Poll.
    3. FBS teams start looking at Bohl more seriously for their next head coach
    4. Bohl elects to stay at NDSU citing the usual reasons, great fans, great town, son plays at MSU, FCS is better than FBS because of playoffs and Hot Wife.

Book It

I came close on the margin of victory and I feel the rest of my predictions will play themselves out.
    So who had the closest score prediction for this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Yep if it is going to happen it will happen this year. It may not happen and it may happen only time will tell. It all depends on what coach wants to deal with and what he envisions happening in his life in the next 10 years. He may find himself in a position that money is not the motivator anymore and maybe not. He will hit the 40% tax bracket with anything above what he makes now, so you have to sit down and figure out the dollars and cents and the time comittment and risk and happiness portions. Does he stay and work the system that he has put in place or does he go and totally set up the system anew.
    Will another program give him the time and latitude to build his own system. It took 7 years to build a team that was competitive in the toughest conference at this level. I get the whole transition thing and those were good teams, but we don't know how they would have stood up to a MVFC schedule either. 10 full seasons, 2 NCs, 3 conference championships, and three playoff berths. That is phenomenal and in the big picture, a lot in a very short time. People at the BCS level want those results faster. The reality is that only a handful of programs really see a national championship as a realistic goal year in and year out. Only a handful more see a conference championship as a realistic goal year in and out. The very top of the BCS level is very similar to the very top of the FCS level. There are still really only a few programs who are truly always competitive.

Could a guy like Bohl build a program like that? Sure, he has done it here. His teams would fall in the top half of the Big 12 or B1G without changing one bit of recruiting strategy except the extra 20 scholarships. But the real question is would he want to make that next leap into the recruiting stratosphere? Right now he is recruiting against the 25th ranked FBS team in the country to the 15th ranked FCS program. He is not spending a single second on a kid who is being targeted by a top tier SEC program. That is a whole new ballgame.

I think there a whole lot of reasons why he would stay here. I also think he built those clauses in his contract specifically with a job or two in mind that he would be willing to take that step with. Either way, it has been a concerted team effort from the AD on down to build an awesome program. That program will continue with Coach Bohl or not. In that I have confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So who had the closest score prediction for this game?
    Gentleman in the game day thread hit it on the nose. Another picked the delta.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin