Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the end of the road for Coach Bohl at NDSU?

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Is this the end of the road for Coach Bohl at NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    He cannot get all these if he moves to a bigger school. Heck they even want him to replace Synder in K-State they dont mind he comes from a Huskie background but I dont think Coach Bohl will throw away all these just for money and some exposure on ESPN. And there is a huge risk of failure. I would take $200/300k per year for next 10 years over $2 millions for may be 2 or 3 years.
    I won't speculate if Bohl might leave, but I'd imagine he'd get a deal worth $10 million guaranteed.

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Coach Bohl, someday, will no longer be with the team. Hopefully, it will be because of a well-earned retirement. This is also true for the assistants, AD, individual players, and even fans and boosters. The team needs to remain diligent about the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. The strength of the herd is the bison and the strength of the bison is the herd. Foster an organization where people want to stay. Camaraderie and being a part of a well-oiled machine go a very long way against simple money. A great organization will attract ever-better people to join it and continue the tradition when veterans inevitably leave. Hire people that, when they're gone, hope that they've left the team in a position to break all of their records.

i feel like he likes where he's at right now. it would have to be a perfect opportunity and something he absolutely cannot turn down. (and no hes not going back to Nebraska ever)

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    the question is which jobs would even open up for bohl to take? in the big10 basically everything except Illinois is safe, though that could change in nebraska. Would Illinois be enticing enough to get Bohl, or be willing to pay enough to make it happen?

the big12 doesn't offer much either. Snyder isn't getting canned, the oklahoma schools are solid, as are the texas schools. So ISU. Maybe Kansas? An SEC team sure as shit isn't going to hire an FCS coach.
    iowa maybe

6 figures to 7 figures in compensation? Gone if the right school comes calling. That's life in the non-BCS world.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    6 figures to 7 figures in compensation? Gone if the right school comes calling. That's life in the non-BCS world.
    Ill bet Klimen or Vigen are gone before Bohl

just saying
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Why do we have this topic come up very time we win a big game. When are people going to realize that Bohl isn't going anywhere. You don't sign an 8 year contract when you want to leave. He has had a taste of big time college football in his Nebraska days. Some coaches aspire to get there, he has been there. I think he likes the FCS and wants to build NDSU football at a constant powerhouse.
    I so think most of what you are saying is true, but in that contract extension are clauses if a BCS school comes a calling. Very well thought out scenarios where Coach Bohl can buy out at a very reasonable cost for specific job opportunities. Him and GT obviously didn't want any situation where he couldn't entertain offers and I do think there might be a couple of positions out there that would be on his list of serious possibilities.

That being said, the way the contract is set up, it would have to be a dream job type scenario. I also think his priority is to fulfill his contract and be set within the Bison family for the rest of his life. It must be mentioned he does have an out if the right job opens up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Look at what happened to the good coaches that moved on from here. Wacker had success in Texas, then flopped at Minnesota (who wouldn't flop there). Morton was one of the most hated guys in Wisconsin, even though he won an NC here and finished runner up once. Earl Solomson went to Montana, ran the program into the ground and hasn't been heard from since. Rocky never equaled his success here anywhere else.

Just because you're good here doesn't always mean you will dominate somewhere else.

I think Bohl will stick around and maybe Gene can keep finding some more money to improve the contract.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    iowa maybe
    lol Iowa. But srsly, they way overpay Ferentz
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Two thoughts:

1) I think Craig Bohl is very happy in Fargo and wouldn't mind retiring (hopefully more than a few years from now) as the head football coach at NDSU.
    2) He's earned the right to do whatever he feels is best for him and his family and if that is moving on to a job at a bigger school I'd wish him nothing but the best and would genuinely thank him for all he's done at NDSU.