Thread: Is this the end of the road for Coach Bohl at NDSU?

Threaded View

Default Re: Is this the end of the road for Coach Bohl at NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Man Audit step back and look at what I said. I could care less what the tax rate is and what percentage he pays now I am not trying to argue taxes here all I am saying is that the extra at the end of the day he would make is not a million it is $600,000 (which is still a huge chunk of change and I agree with road most people would jump at it). I can't say it any more plainly.
    I get it. But you accused me of apple and orangeing it, which I didn't do. It's not a $600,000 increase in take home over and above the $500,000 he's making to day. His take home today is only $300k and change. It's not a 2x increase. It's a 3x increase, whether you're looking at the gross or the net.

People make a big hairy deal of taxes because no one likes taxes. But irrationally over weighting them is a very bad way to make decisions. Which is why I started the last round by agreeing with you. If this decision were entirely about money Coach Bohl probably would have left already. He's still here. In addition to money not being the most important consideration my further point is that within the conversation about the money, the marginal impact of federal income taxes on this decision should probably be zero.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 09-03-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie