Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Good and the Could Be Better Observations from Game 1

Default Re: The Good and the Could Be Better Observations from Game 1

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Fox Sports commentator mentioned#66 couple of times, the commentator said #66 was not good and was getting beat completely on couple of occasions. This caused lot of problems for Billy.

Also K-State QB got a lot of time to dance around in the pocket and allow deep routes to develop.

Marcus William should not loose his concentration, he is damn good, but he cannot loose his marker. This happend twice, 1st against the Georgia Southern game last 2 play of that game and 2nd against K-state which end up in a TD.

Everybody and their grandmother knows Daniel Sams is a Running QB, when they brought Daniel Sams for that 15 yards play, i dont know how our guys did not read that play and let him run. 15 yards toward end zone, Daniel Sams checks in with Jake Waters...it should be very obvious.

It was funny. Even the PA announcer said "Now in at Quarterback, Daniel Sams". I said "RUN!" and boom. There it went.

Glad they picked it up the second time.

Funny, it was like the opposite of the GSU game where they brought in Youyoute to pass and got burned on it. Somebody's gotta pay better attention there.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Many of Colville's snaps were low and bounced off the turf. Overall I would rate Colville's snaps in shotgun as a C-. That has got to be improved.
    Good point here. On Smith's TD and on one of the 3rd and longs late, Colville snapped way too low. Glad none of those cost us. Colville will only get better at his new position as the season progresses.[/QUOTE]

Brock definitely made up for the issues with Colville's snaps in this game, but that issue has to be fixed or it could bite us in the ass some day.

Our rushing offense is excellent. Over 200 yards against K-State is amazing. I was looking forward to seeing how Crockett would do against a Big 12 team and it was Ojuri who stole the show. He looks like he has an extra spring in his step this year. He was really moving and hitting the holes. And Lang looks like he is going to be an excellent 3rd down back.

I'd like to see more out of our pass rush, but K-State has a very good line so maybe we are okay there. I'd like to see another receiver emerge. Smith had 8 catches and the next closest receiver had 3. But again, it's hard to judge because of the team we were playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    It was funny. Even the PA announcer said "Now in at Quarterback, Daniel Sams". I said "RUN!" and boom. There it went.

Glad they picked it up the second time.

Funny, it was like the opposite of the GSU game where they brought in Youyoute to pass and got burned on it. Somebody's gotta pay better attention there.
    The D knew Sams was gonna run, but they were gassed after a long drive and had been on the field quite a bit even before that drive. Sams made a nice "against the flow" cutback, and our trail technique player got caught out of place.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

not about the Bison but how about Joey Harrington? he was the best color guy I've seen during a televised Bison football game. Including both National Championships
    ^^^^This---He did his homework on the Bison. Actually made it fun to listen to. Was very impressed with Harrington.

Quote Originally Posted by Binford30 View Post
    ^^^^This---He did his homework on the Bison. Actually made it fun to listen to. Was very impressed with Harrington.
    Reading the KSU boards, they were less impressed. Perhaps because he actually gave the Bison a lot of credit.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Marcus jumped the route, plain and simple. He was playing aggressive and our safety was taken out of the play by the route of the inside receiver (plus I bet they let Marcus go 1 on 1 very often). Just a learning experience for him. He did not lose him. He wanted to make a big play. K State took advantage of his aggressive play.

They knew Sams was going to run and they had him stopped if Littlejohn didn't break containment. Everybody followed Sams to the left (Sams right) behind the line, and Littlejohn got chipped enough where he was unable to get back. They read run correctly, but didn't hold their assignment.

These are all things they will have fixed in the film room and frankly are the result of some very aggressive defense which has won this team many, many games.
    Or KS set him up on that play. Teams will watch film and see how players react to certain plays. They then devise a plan against that player. After the player THINKS he knows whats going to happen they run a play that will take advantage of him being aggressive or anticipating what he thought would happen and they burn him.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Reading the KSU boards, they were less impressed. Perhaps because he actually gave the Bison a lot of credit.
    Ha ha, poor KSU fans...........they just can't stand the attention NDSU got at their expense.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This has probably been posted elsewhere, so sorry, but having NDSU being ranked #15 in the Dodd's Power Poll is worth repeating.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...gaining-ground

Sorry about the mistakes. I knew LeCompte kicked off.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

After I have rewatched the game a few times

Billy Turner played at a different level. The whole O-line played a GREAT game but Turner looks like he wants to get drafted and play in the NFL His total game was great but his drive/run blocking was amazing.

D-line and LB's- The d-line held their own against a great o-line. That impressed me. LB's played their typical game. Stuffing the run against a All Conference RB

#23 and #22 Both ran hard and their speed/vision was outstanding. Sam made some cuts I've never seen him make and he looked faster and stronger than ever.

Ryan Smith and Brock- Brock other than the one throw played perfect fball. Ryan looked healthy and his quickness is back. Hope he can stay healthy all year!!

Overall it was a great team effort. That was fun to watch. The biggest surprises to me were how our D-line held up. I thought they would run the ball down our throats. How great our O-line played.