Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FBS Full of Big Heads

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: FBS Full of Big Heads

"NDSU didn't succeed, we failed". There's no cure for arrogance.

Overheard in the crowd at the state fair yesterday: "Did you see how NDSU beat K-State? That was awesome!"

If FBS talent is so great, why does "Every North Dakota State blocker handles his assignment, meaning Ojuri is going to gain yardage..." when we are backed up on the 2 yard line? Nine players in the box should be able to stuff a run right up the middle.
    It's OK to not be OK.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Is this the worst team that K-State has had? Sorry...I meant Minnesota.

Snyder doesn't know how to lose with class.

Good post SD.
    I was surprised to see that quote from Snyder, but I guess by now it should be expected. Seems like it usually comes from the sportswriters and fans though. I guarantee one thing, if Ferris State beats us next week, you won't hear Bohl say the Bison aren't very good. He'd be gracious as he always is and give Ferris State the respect they deserve.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    If FBS talent is so great, why does "Every North Dakota State blocker handles his assignment, meaning Ojuri is going to gain yardage..." when we are backed up on the 2 yard line? Nine players in the box should be able to stuff a run right up the middle.
    The fact of the matter is that Craig Bohl could put on a clinic based on that one play. It was beautiful. Every single player was engaged perfectly. Sure the line performed very well, but look at the block by the fullback going through the hole first. Perfection. The thing that is also pretty impressive is that it looks to me like the defense even saw it coming and stacked up right where the play was coming.

Execution and toughness would be the subject of the clinic.

SD - I wholeheartedly agree.
    Insert something clever here...

All of this stuff is why I don't mind staying FCS. And it really doesn't matter in the long run. They can say what they want but we were the better team

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Actually K-State has a very good, but somewhat inexperienced team at a several critical spots (the QB and a good portion of the defense). They will get better through their next couple games and hopefully can get revenge on Baylor at home and take care of the rest of a somewhat weaker Big 12. Seems Snyder could do one simple thing to help his team get their act together...........take the names off the back of the jerseys and put K-State somewhere on the uniform. I saw a bunch of individual celebrating when K-state went up by 2 TD's. Takes a team effort that holds off on celebrations until the game is over.
    This is the best advice for the entire world of team play- from high school to pros. Those guys weren't worried about little ol' NDSU from the FCS. They were thinking about the car they were gonna buy with their first nfl gig. They are too blind to see when you bad mouth an opponent after you lose, you are saying how bad you really are. And now it's time for some one to say it. We. Told. You. So.

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    All of this stuff is why I don't mind staying FCS. And it really doesn't matter in the long run. They can say what they want but we were the better team
    FCS is becoming a graveyard. NDSU needs to be keeping their eye on brighter pastures, especially when the big 5 do their own thing

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The name on the front of the Jersey a little more imporant than the name on the back. The Family was wearing green.

In addition to the FBS Big Head there is also the "Geographical Big Head". Dom and Jeff touched on it in their Labor Day blog. It exists outside of football as well. I've witnessed it first hand in the engineering field. I've had a U of M grad and a Texas A&M grad basically tell me they should be paid more than an NDSU grad.. just because in their mind U of M is better and Texas A&M..well you can imagine the arrogance.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    http://www.kansascity.com/2013/08/31...yzing-how.html .....................and this article proves it........hey, K-State got beat by a better TEAM even though on average K-state had better athletes, 22 more scholarships, and played at home in front of nearly 50,000 of their fans in nasty Kansas heat and humidity. And the master Bill Snyder got out coached. What more do these whiners want? The simple reality is they got beat! K-state may not be a top 25 team now, but they could be later. Again, the same old excuses........somehow k-state didn't put forth their best effort, NDSU got lucky, Bison coaches threw stuff at them they were not prepared for.........I am really tired of this shit. You know what......many of the cocky players in FBS are not as good as advertised because they don't play to level of talent God gave them since most are interested in individual glory and their schools only want more money and mega hyped image. Might as well call FBS the Football Bullshit Division. There are a bunch of spoiled teams at the top of FBS that think they are invincible. Love it that NDSU and others knocked them down a notch this past weekend. In response to the ignorant article NDSU will likely be good enough this year to get in one of the top 10 FBS bowl games (but of course cannot be invited and who cares) ........just sayin! I could go on for hours, but rant done.
    My rebuttals to the article:

1. Run defense is the strength of our defense. We did it without Leevon Perry as well. We went against a top 10 OL in the nation
    2. Just like a lot of us Bison fans said. KSU had 9 starters to replace on defense and with it being the 1st game they didnt have all of their pieces in place
    3. I see KSU beating ULL and UMass. I think theyll get enough wins to make a bowl. While theyre nowhere close to as good as last season I still think theyll be an average to good team and make a bowl. People are seeing them as being terrible because they lost to us. The fact is NDSU is very good. The BIg 12 didnt look to sharp this weekend. I see them finishing 5th