Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Redshirts Pulled at KSU

Default Re: Redshirts Pulled at KSU

Quote Originally Posted by SDBison11 View Post
    Why would you pull a redshirt for special teams? Doesn't make sense to me unless they are a skill player like a punter/kicker.
    Because special teams is 1/3 of the team and just as important as offense or defense.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Who is #14? Made a hell of a tackle on one kickoff. Very solid strong tackle where he ran right through the ball carrier. Sorry, did not have roster chart with at game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Can you dress and not play and still be a redshirt?

BRING BACK SNORTY

Why would you pull a redshirt for special teams? Doesn't make sense to me unless they are a skill player like a punter/kicker.
    special teams isnt important?

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    Can you dress and not play and still be a redshirt?
    yes

14 is Liekhus

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Who is #14? Made a hell of a tackle on one kickoff. Very solid strong tackle where he ran right through the ball carrier. Sorry, did not have roster chart with at game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    RFr free safety Bo Liekhus....huge hit on special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Bo Liekhus - redshirt freshman - listed as FS

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Bo Liekhus - redshirt freshman - listed as FS
    he was moved to olb

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think it's a good idea to give these guys some playing time this year so they are ready in case of injury and will have experience going into next year. I'm sure they will play more than just special teams as the year goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    I think it's a good idea to give these guys some playing time this year so they are ready in case of injury and will have experience going into next year. I'm sure they will play more than just special teams as the year goes on.
    I agree. I think they are easing them in.

My stance on redshirts has always been the same. You put up your depth charts for offense, defense, and special teams. If you aren't 2 deep (3 deep on some positions) or 1 deep on ST, then redshirt. We know if you are on the roster, you will see the field in Bohl's system. If a freshman is looking at a dozen plays all year, redshirt him.

As far as special teams: There were 357 special team plays last year between kickoffs, punts, and XPs on both sides of the ball. That is almost 24 plays a game. I would say special teams are pretty significant. That would be 24 more plays a game where key players in other parts of the game can take a breather.