Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redshirts Pulled at KSU

Default Redshirts Pulled at KSU

Pierre Gee-Tucker is the only true freshman listed on the GoBison participation list from KSU. I thought there were a few others. Can anyone confirm that PGT is the only freshman to have played?

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Redshirts Pulled at KSU

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Pierre Gee-Tucker is the only true freshman listed on the GoBison participation list from KSU. I thought there were a few others. Can anyone confirm that PGT is the only freshman to have played?
    DeLuca played on the kickoff team. PGT played on punt team. Just those 2 so far. Bohl said on his TV show yesterday that Morlock is likely to see significant time on special teams. Morlock, Plank and Ambrosius definitely dressed in Manhattan. Not sure if there were more.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Why would you pull a redshirt for special teams? Doesn't make sense to me unless they are a skill player like a punter/kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    DeLuca played on the kickoff team. PGT played on punt team. Just those 2 so far. Bohl said on his TV show yesterday that Morlock is likely to see significant time on special teams. Morlock, Plank and Ambrosius definitely dressed in Manhattan. Not sure if there were more.
    You're right, good catch. I just watched a kickoff and #49 (DeLuca) was definitely out there. Thanks, Kermit!

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDBison11 View Post
    Why would you pull a redshirt for special teams? Doesn't make sense to me unless they are a skill player like a punter/kicker.
    Clearly you have a much better football mind than Coach Bohl. In Bohl we trust.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Carey Woods came in and made a very sweet catch for 10 yards near the sideline. I saw him in few other plays.

it's called Depth, and also lets not forget Special teams is a 1/3 of the game

they will play in other aspects but I suspect special teams is way better for getting used to the college game than be thrown right into a huge play
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Carey Woods came in and made a very sweet catch for 10 yards near the sideline. I saw him in few other plays.
    Woods is a RFr...meaning he already used his red shirt last season.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Woods is a RFr. He sat out last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    it's called Depth, and also lets not forget Special teams is a 1/3 of the game

they will play in other aspects but I suspect special teams is way better for getting used to the college game than be thrown right into a huge play
    ^^^^THIS^^^^ It's kind of like being trained in at your job. They want you to get a taste of what it is like so you get used to it instead of throwing you out to the wolves to be killed. I'm betting we see them in a drive or two on Saturday on defense and perhaps again on 9/21.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.