Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coach Vigs for president

Default Re: Coach Vigs for president

Early on in his career the criticisms were valid. Now, he is a scholar of the game and NDSU will be fortunate to retain him. As usual, the rubes like me were off base and did not see the value in "growing our own". Bohl and Taylor did very well by sticking with Vigen and he called one hell of a game in Manhattan!

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was worse, I tore up Coach Vigs all season last year. Everything was his fault. Now its Coach Kenny Burns turn .

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Early on in his career the criticisms were valid. Now, he is a scholar of the game and NDSU will be fortunate to retain him. As usual, the rubes like me were off base and did not see the value in "growing our own". Bohl and Taylor did very well by sticking with Vigen and he called one hell of a game in Manhattan!
    He was new and learned. Now he is becoming very very good. One thing we can all agree on is Vigen is 100% Bison. North Dakota boy, played at NDSU, has been waiting for years to be a coordinator. Loves the Bison. I could actually see him be considered as a head coach some day. Patience is a virtue.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    He was new and learned. Now he is becoming very very good. One thing we can all agree on is Vigen is 100% Bison. North Dakota boy, played at NDSU, has been waiting for years to be a coordinator. Loves the Bison. I could actually see him be considered as a head coach some day. Patience is a virtue.
    Amen brother Amen.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Please dont jinx the mojo, Coach Bohl aint going anywhere, infact K-State fans wants Coach Bohl to replace Billy Old Cat Snyder and want a 11ft Bronze statue of a Bison right behind Snyder's statue to make it look like Bison chasing Snyder, of course Bohl is happy here, his family is here, fans love him, and he built this program from scratch so nobody here wants him to leave. Vigen is doing his thing and everything is in a nice equilibrium. So please dont start some crap. Lets focus on 3 peat.
    Bill Synder built the K State program from scratch. They had like two winning seasons in the previous 37 seasons before he got here. Bohl did NOT build the Bison football program from scratch. If you want to give that moniker to someone, give it to Mudra as NDSU was moribund prior to his arrival.

But, the fact remains that NDSU had won 8 national championships prior to Bohl's arrival. Yes, Babich took the program backwards, but there was still a significant fanbase and institutional support for the football program. Synder had to build that at K State, Bohl did not.

Bohl's a great coach. No reason to exaggerate his accomplishments.

Vigen called a very good game.

I still love the fact that Coach Klieman came here from UNI...

If Bohl , heaven forbid, does leave I hope Klieman is givin huge consideration. He would probably go with Bohl, though.

One thing's for sure...there's no middle ground for Vigen in the fan's eyes. He should be fired, or elected President. I'm on the President side of the fence.

Vigen is patient, fans aren't.

The chemistry with the coaches are setup just right.

One things people over look is that these players know each other very well. becasue have played an extra season playing in the playoffs. (11-1). It all helps. Enjoy the ride!

I have always been one who has liked the play calling. In fact, there are times I want it more conservative. At every level experts say the key to winning is a balanced attack. Look at the stats during Vigen's tenure. You don't get much more balanced then that.

I want to see more of a grind. Passing plays save too much clock. It takes a lot of discipline to stay with grinding it out. That discipline breaks opponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free