Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coach Vigs for president

Default Re: Coach Vigs for president

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Vigen called a very good game.

I still love the fact that Coach Klieman came here from UNI...

If Bohl , heaven forbid, does leave I hope Klieman is givin huge consideration. He would probably go with Bohl, though.
    We don't know that he would leave.

Klieman would certainly be a candidate. I would want to see a coach that keeps all the same systems in place, kind of like when Morton left. Solomonson wins. Then Rocky. Changing the offense and defense would set the team back 3 years.

Honestly I think the big thing that hurts Bohls chance of a "big time bcs head coach" is the fact he's dedicated to our style of offense. He 100% believes in it. While incredible effective, most fans like wide open spread offenses. Big time BCS is all about marketing to the fans. Harrington the fox announcer said the offense is incredibly effective but almost lulls you to sleep

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    We don't know that he would leave.

Klieman would certainly be a candidate. I would want to see a coach that keeps all the same systems in place, kind of like when Morton left. Solomonson wins. Then Rocky. Changing the offense and defense would set the team back 3 years.

Honestly I think the big thing that hurts Bohls chance of a "big time bcs head coach" is the fact he's dedicated to our style of offense. He 100% believes in it. While incredible effective, most fans like wide open spread offenses. Harrington the fox announcer said the offense is incredibly effective but almost lulls you to sleep

Alabama does not run the spread and they do pretty well in the 'big boy' league. You do not need to run the spread to be successful.

I'm just speculating about Bohl and Klieman. The Tampa-2 and Power West-Coast offense have been effective for the Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Alabama does not run the spread and they do pretty well in the 'big boy' league. You do not need to run the spread to be successful.

I'm just speculating about Bohl and Klieman. The Tampa-2 and Power West-Coast offense have been effective for the Bison.
    When I said spead I was generalizing. Alabama is exciting and flashy. Most teams fans would cry at the thought of running our offense. Fans are lame and want to see big plays. We have great fan base that appreciates out styles
    Could you imagine if most Big 10 or 12 teams were running our offense? Fans would hate it.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    When I said spead I was generalizing. Alabama is exciting and flashy. Most teams fans would cry at the thought of running our offense. Fans are lame and want to see big plays. We have great fan base that appreciates out styles
    Could you imagine if most Big 10 or 12 teams were running our offense? Fans would hate it.

Ya, I hear ya.

Look at Mason at the U of MN. He ran a pro-set offense and actually had some good teams that had good running games. Not to hijack this thread but that is why I think Kill will not be successful at the U of MN. His spread offense is not the answer...maybe I'm wrong. Coach Bohl has said it about NDSU and recruiting here that we grow big lineman up here in the Midwest, just the skill position players are in short supply.

I love Coach Bohl's philosophy and recruiting.

Vigen has had a huge turn around. 4 heck even 3 years ago he was pretty dang predictable and it didn't seem that he had the art of setting up his plays. Heck the winning play from Friday night was beat to death that season with Mertens. His timing and play calling has matured so much and I will eat my crow wit A1 please.

I wonder if it is coincidence or if Klieman was able to point out tendencies and how UNI schemed him as ever since he has came over Vigen has been immensely improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I wonder if it is coincidence or if Klieman was able to point out tendencies and how UNI schemed him as ever since he has came over Vigen has been immensely improved.
    could very well be on to something there.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.