Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Verbal #4: R.J. Urzendowski

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2014 Verbal #4: R.J. Urzendowski

We win championship because of system kids not star kids.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    We win championship because of system kids not star kids.
    Agree. Our systems and culture promote great team work.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I am really looking forward to watching R.J. play. Must be special to pass up the depth chart and have shirt pulled as a WR.

I have said it before "any time you pull the redshirt off a freshman, you exchange his most productive year (5th year senior) for his least productive. In my estimation it says something about the caliber of our existing receivers.

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Wacker_in_the_Hall View Post
    I have said it before "any time you pull the redshirt off a freshman, you exchange his most productive year (5th year senior) for his least productive. In my estimation it says something about the caliber of our existing receivers.
    If the team has a need that R.J. can fill then I have no problem pulling the redshirt. Football is a team game and at times certain positions need an influx of talent. There has been lots of redshirts pulled during the threepeat.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

Yes some truth here, yet how many eventually end to getting it back due to an injury (god forbid....)

It says something both about our depth and his ability.

We pulled redshirts at LB and RB last year. Pretty deep positions on probably our best team ever. All this tells me is RJ is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    We pulled redshirts at LB and RB last year. Pretty deep positions on probably our best team ever. All this tells me is RJ is the real deal.

If he is the real deal, I hope he sees lots of looks and lots of touches, otherwise it is a total waste of a year

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If he is the real deal, I hope he sees lots of looks and lots of touches, otherwise it is a total waste of a year
    I understand your point from an individual players point but I still think it is more about helping the team. If by playing R.J. this year it helps the team beat say UNI and win the conference I wouldn't call it a total waste of a year. I think it is more about getting the best players on the field to win games but that is just my honest opinion.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    I understand your point from an individual players point but I still think it is more about helping the team. If by playing R.J. this year it helps the team beat say UNI and win the conference I wouldn't call it a total waste of a year. I think it is more about getting the best players on the field to win games but that is just my honest opinion.
    Spot on. This was the philosophy used by the previous coaching staff, and that philosophy appears to have continued with the current staff. It's about putting the best players on the field to contribute now, regardless of their year in school.