Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Recruiting Summary

Default 2014 Recruiting Summary

Here's the updated summary, I added other offers (credit to BisoNation.info for the info) because I'm always interested to see them and I know others are too.

2014 Verbals (24)

Jalen Allison, 6-0, 160, WR/DB, Papillion, NE Other offers: None reported
    Eric Bachmeier, 6-3, 180, Kindred, ND Other offers: None reported
    Luke Bacon, 6-5, 265, OL, Towner-Granville-Upham, ND Other offers: None reported
    Isaac Cenescar, 5-11, 175, DB, Orlando (Cypress Creek), FL Other offers: ISU-Red, SIU, St. Francis
    Marcus Collins, 6-4, 205, TE, Madison, WI Other offers: FBS; Pittsburgh, WMU, Toledo, Air Force, Army FCS; Butler, Drake, Penn, Cornell, ISU-red
    Colin Conner, 6-5, 294, OL, Livingston, WI Other offers: UND, USD
    Lance Dunn, 5-9, 191, CB/RB, Waterloo (Waterloo East), IA Other offers: USD, WIU, UNI
    Eji Ejiya, 6-3, 185, RB, Spring Lake Park, MN Other offers: UND
    Khayvon Hawkins, 6-1, 202, WR, Crystal, MN Other offers: None reported
    Brandon Hines, 6-2, 280, DT, Mequon, WI Other offers: Army, ISU-Red, USD, UND
    Nate Jenson, 6-6, 240, TE, Waupaca, WI Other offers: None reported
    Stanley Jones, 6-4, 215, DE, Bismarck, ND Other offers: None reported
    Dan Marlette, 6-1, 190, LB, Sioux Falls, SD Other offers: SDSU, USD
    Greg Menard, 6-2, 225, DE, Lakeville, MN Other offers: FBS; Army FCS; Montana St, Harvard, SDSU, USD, UND, Montana, ISU-red
    Dakota Reid, 5-9, 185, S, Chicago (Morgan Park), IL Other offers: WIU, USD
    Molick Scott, 6-1, 175, FS, Greensboro (North Guilford), NC
    Darrius Shepherd, 5-11, 181, WR, Blue Springs, MO Other offers: USD, SEMO, Holy Cross, Valpo
    Easton Stick, 6-2, 205, QB, Omaha, NE Other offers: FBS; Rutgers, Akron, Miami (OH) FCS; UNI, ISU-red, SDSU, USD, UNC, UND
    Christian Triplett, 6-4, 305, OL, Delano, MN Other Offers: Iowa (PWO)
    R.J. Urzendowski, 6-2, 185, WR, Omaha (Creighton Prep), NE Other offers: None reported
    Tanner Volson, 6-6, 280, OL, Drake-Anamoose, ND Other offers: None reported
    Anthony Ware, 5-11, 192, RB, Lakeland (Kathleen), FL
    Blake Williams, 6-5, 250, DT, Romeo, MI Other offers: FBS; EMU, Akron FCS; SIU, WIU, ISU-blue, Lehigh, Robert Morris, Austin Peay
    Jaylaan Wimbush, 5-11, 165, FS, Gulfport (Boca Ciega), FL

PWOs(3)

Levi Jordheim 6-2, 185, OLB, Dickinson, ND
    Nathon Preston, 6-2, 220, FB, New Prague, MN
    Matt Wolter 6-3, 215, OLB, Antigo, WI
    Caleb Butler, DE, 6-3, 220, Fr., Coon Rapids, Minn. (Blaine HS)
    Ian Gallagher, P/K, 6-3, 175, Fr., Walworth, Wis. (Big Foot HS)
    Levi Hoiby, DL, 6-4, 230, Fr., Powers Lake, N.D. (Powers Lake HS)
    Isaac Lashua, TE, 6-4, 232, Fr., Iola, Wis. (Iola-Scandinavia HS)
    Peder Olson, LB, 6-1, 195, Fr., Maple Grove, Minn. (Maple Grove HS)
    Aaron Steidl, DL, 6-3, 260, Fr., Carlos, Minn. (Alexandria Jefferson HS)

Mid-Year Transfer(s)

King Frazier, 6-0, 220, RB, Lee's Summit, MO via Nebraska HS offers: Indiana, UND

For much more info: http://bisonation.info/category/foot...s-commitments/

Past recruiting summaries:
    2013 Recruiting Summary
    2012 Recruiting Summary

2011 Recruiting Summary
    2010 Recruiting Summary
    2009 Recruiting Summary
    2008 Recruiting Summary
    Last edited by tony; 07-01-2014 at 07:38 PM.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2014 Recruiting Summary

If there is more info on bisonation, than why does it have only three verbals and you have four listed above? That website only has RJ as an offer.

Tony, thanks for the information!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    If there is more info on bisonation, than why does it have only three verbals and you have four listed above? That website only has RJ as an offer.
    rj decommitted when he saw how little your faith was in Olson to play in Frisco. simmer down Neil, I had a busy weekend at the game the site will be updated once i get to my computer

The last 4 verbals are not listed on here and yes I do go to bisonation.info but this thread should be maintained for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    The last 4 verbals are not listed on here and yes I do go to bisonation.info but this thread should be maintained for future reference.

I was waiting for Neil to make this reply. You stole his thunder

Hey Sams, what do you now about Montana recruiting? Do we recruit there, or is it a lost cause with most of the kids there going to the Griz and the Bobcats? I counted 46 Montana kids on Bobcats roster, and 34 Montana kids with the Griz.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Hey Sams, what do you now about Montana recruiting? Do we recruit there, or is it a lost cause with most of the kids there going to the Griz and the Bobcats? I counted 46 Montana kids on Bobcats roster, and 34 Montana kids with the Griz.
    They go in state, west, and south west for majority of the players. Its a good formula for them. In recent years we have seen Montana and Montana State move into our territory but not much. We have dabbled in their territories too, most notably Arizona. (They recruit Minnesota now) But I don't think we've ever gone into Montana. Its probably not worth our time just as its not worth their time to attack North Dakota. Neither team will win many of those battles as they want to go to their hone state schools. Montana has more teams playing high school football but still... its a numbers game and Minnesota is much closer and has more people (with reciprocity we get to stretch or dollars further in ND/SD/MN.

Just my opinion but I think its better to focus on Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois, and Iowa. Its in our conference/ recruiting footprint. SDSU and Northern Iowa have done well in those areas too

I for one have never been a big fan of recruiting Arizona, Florida, Texas, etc unless we can find a stud corner or skilled player. If we have to look to warm weather climates for Lineman and linebackers were not doing well in our traditional footprint. Sorry for the rant
    Last edited by HerdBot; 10-25-2013 at 06:30 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    They go in state, west, and south west for majority of the players. Its a good formula for them. In recent years we have seen Montana and Montana State move into our territory but not much. We have dabbled in their territories too, most notably Arizona. (They recruit Minnesota now) But I don't think we've ever gone into Montana. Its probably not worth our time just as its not worth their time to attack North Dakota. Neither team will win many of those battles as they want to go to their hone state schools. Montana has more teams playing high school football but still... its a numbers game and Minnesota is much closer and has more people (with reciprocity we get to stretch or dollars further in ND/SD/MN.

Just my opinion but I think its better to focus on Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois, and Iowa. Its in our conference/ recruiting footprint. SDSU and Northern Iowa have done well in those areas too

I for one have never been a big fan of recruiting Arizona, Florida, Texas, etc unless we can find a stud corner or skilled player. If we have to look to warm weather climates for Lineman and linebackers were not doing well in our traditional footprint. Sorry for the rant
    Don't apologize, it's a good post.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Don't apologize, it's a good post.
    Hey RTO, I just got a $50 off coupon from Herbergers if you spend $100 or more. It's only good for Friday and Saturday though and I'll be in Bemidji so I can't use it. Since I know how much you like to shop more than doing anything else, like say watching Bison football games, you can have it if you'd like.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1