Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So...how was it being at the game?

Default So...how was it being at the game?

What was the atmosphere like? The Bison fans sounded really loud when we made a big play.

Not necessarily interested in tailgating experiences on this thread.

I'm more curious about the 'in the stadium' experience.

Damn...wish I could have been there. It was incredible on tv.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Default Re: So...how was it being at the game?

Very impressed with the KState fans. Very knowledgeable and respectful of our team. After the game, numerous people congratulating us and coming away impressed with the NDSU PROGRAM. I sat in row 1 at the 48 yard line on the KState sideline. As mentioned earlier by KState fans it was not easy to see everything since we were so low. However, I never sat down for a single play and it wasn't too bad. The stadium is beautiful with a big time college atmosphere. And the entire town was purple the day of and after the game. Best atmosphere I have ever watched a game. Puts the GOPHERS to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    What was the atmosphere like? The Bison fans sounded really loud when we made a big play.

It was really hot. I think the heat subdued a lot of the crowd. K State fans were great. Very friendly and complimentary. We were on the 4th level and I would say the ambiance was nothing special. But you couldn't see the students or the band from that level. From what I hear, the lower level was more rocking.

Excellent time but wish it was a lot cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    It was really hot. I think the heat subdued a lot of the crowd. K State fans were great. Very friendly and complimentary. We were on the 4th level and I would say the ambiance was nothing special. But you couldn't see the students or the band from that level. From what I hear, the lower level was more rocking.

Excellent time but wish it was a lot cooler.
    I've sat in the nosebleed section at a major bowl game...and I wasn't impressed with the loudness of the fans or the bands. But then I snuck down to the main level and it changed my whole attitude. I imagine you're right about the heat affecting everything. Thanks

The heat and humidity was ridiculous and definitely took some enthusiasm out of their crowd IMHO. They sold out of bottled water in the third quarter. Their crowd was not loud and not into it. Nothing close to a ramped up "spirited" Fargodome. :beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by laketrout24 View Post
    Very impressed with the KState fans. Very knowledgeable and respectful of our team. After the game, numerous people congratulating us and coming away impressed with the NDSU PROGRAM. I sat in row 1 at the 48 yard line on the KState sideline. As mentioned earlier by KState fans it was not easy to see everything since we were so low. However, I never sat down for a single play and it wasn't too bad. The stadium is beautiful with a big time college atmosphere. And the entire town was purple the day of and after the game. Best atmosphere I have ever watched a game. Puts the GOPHERS to shame.
    Sounds like the fan attitude toward NDSU was a little more respectful than some Gophers fans too.

Sounds like the fan attitude toward NDSU was a little more respectful than some Gophers fans too.
    Agreed. Attitude was much better than the Goofs. We were stopped often on the way up to the stadium, back to the hotel and even in the stadium. People were really nice, even the event staff was congratulating us.

I had a great time. We were in section 2 and basically surrounded by KState fans. "This is Big 12 football" "this isnt JV anymore" "long ride home" were consistent from KSU fans after big plays by them. But they got real quite after it hit 21-7. Seems like the heat and the excitement from the first half wore them out to thinking the game was over.
    Tell a KState fan you were gonna win before the game and 95% laughed at you, tell them that you would love to be in the big 12 and they literally wanted to fight or punch something. Dont get why that would upset them but it did. That and most KState fans were appalled at the suggestion that I thought NDSU deserved some top 25 votes.

Funniest part of the trip is the KState student who came up to our table and offered to buy us a round for a NDSU hat. We did it but that wasnt enough. He literally took 60 out of his wallet and said 60 for one of your tshirts. No one could be convinced to walk home shirtless so he was not very happy, but at least he got a hat

Atmosphere was GREAT!!!!!! Was impressed with the fans at the game!!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Not nearly as loud as the fargodome...I was in the lower bowl in the corner.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif