Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Future FBS opponents?

Default Future FBS opponents?

I know there was a thread some months back discussing this, but I searched several terms as well waded back through 25 pages to find it with no luck.

Other than Iowa State next year, do we have any future FBS games scheduled?

What sorts of opponents do we have a realistic shot at scheduling? Anyone have any insight into GT's actions or progress on this front?

Personally, I think it would be kind of cool to get Boise State on the schedule. Since a number of references to "the next Boise State" have been popping up, it would be fun to see the match up.

A pie in the sky idea that I think would be a lot of fun, but I'm sure will never become reality for so many reasons is for the FBS crowned champ to take on the FCS playoff champ in a final exhibition game, say the Saturday before the Superbowl or something. Even though it may not even be a close game, it would be interesting to see how they actually stack up at the end of the season.

Default Re: Future FBS opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I know there was a thread some months back discussing this, but I searched several terms as well waded back through 25 pages to find it with no luck.

Other than Iowa State next year, do we have any future FBS games scheduled?

What sorts of opponents do we have a realistic shot at scheduling? Anyone have any insight into GT's actions or progress on this front?

Personally, I think it would be kind of cool to get Boise State on the schedule. Since a number of references to "the next Boise State" have been popping up, it would be fun to see the match up.

A pie in the sky idea that I think would be a lot of fun, but I'm sure will never become reality for so many reasons is for the FBS crowned champ to take on the FCS playoff champ in a final exhibition game, say the Saturday before the Superbowl or something. Even though it may not even be a close game, it would be interesting to see how they actually stack up at the end of the season.
    Iowa's keeping us on the schedule. the B1G decision will fall apart before then.

If they ain't on the schedule and a FBS program feels they have a chance at a BCS bowl, they won't schedule NDSU. Not until we start regularily losing. If KSU had any inkling of a big season, the way the BCS is set up, their season is pretty close to over.

Good FBS programs will be scared to play us. Good FCS OOC schools are scared to play us. It leaves NDSU with only two options. Either advocate a 9 game conference schedule to bring OOC games down to 2 most years or move up.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    If they ain't on the schedule and a FBS program feels they have a chance at a BCS bowl, they won't schedule NDSU. Not until we start regularily losing. If KSU had any inkling of a big season, the way the BCS is set up, their season is pretty close to over.

Good FBS programs will be scared to play us. Good FCS OOC schools are scared to play us. It leaves NDSU with only two options. Either advocate a 9 game conference schedule to bring OOC games down to 2 most years or move up.
    The BCS is done after this season, so your argument is a bit moot at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    The BCS is done after this season, so your argument is a bit moot at this point.
    Whatever you want to call the next level of bowl games, then call them what you want. There will still be that next tier of lucrative bowls that are exponentially more profitable than the December 15th ones. Forget about SOS arguments, individual programs will start realizing KSU is probably done for anything of the huge money variety one game in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Whatever you want to call the next level of bowl games, then call them what you want. There will still be that next tier of lucrative bowls that are exponentially more profitable than the December 15th ones. Forget about SOS arguments, individual programs will start realizing KSU is probably done for anything of the huge money variety one game in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Exactly.......these major programs will not want to take that much risk. Not only did K-State take a terrible loss, it will cost their progam a lot of money. Any hope of a BCS Bowl bid is all but gone.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you are a BCS football team why would you ever play a FCS team? I would just play a MAC or Sun Belt team everytime. Strength of schedule will come into the playoff factor for FBS school in the next couple of years and playing FCS teams does not help sos. When you play a FCS school it's like wrestling your little brother, if you win everyone expects it and it's not a big deal at all and if you lose its devastating, you can't win.

All that said I really hope B1G starts playing FCS teams. It is great for us.

I'd love to go to a game at UofW. Road trip to Seattle anyone? Maybe even take the train. Choo choo

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We just need to call the schools that are cocky enough to think they can beat anybody at any time. That means SEC. I'd personally love to see a PAC 12 team as I've told my Arizona friends for years that NDSU would beat the U of A.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    We just need to call the schools that are cocky enough to think they can beat anybody at any time. That means SEC. I'd personally love to see a PAC 12 team as I've told my Arizona friends for years that NDSU would beat the U of A.
    I'd recommend Missouri or Arkansas for that. Relatively easy drive to Columbia or Fayetteville. Both also have a tendency to lose games they shouldn't.
    Looking good Billy Ray!