Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 1 MVFC home attendance

Default Re: Week 1 MVFC home attendance

I think a lot of it had to do with the weather forecast. All week it said it was supposed to thunderstorm right at the beginning of the game and it didn't end up doing anything until after. SDSU relies on a large walkup crowd. Add in a shitty team and Labor Day weekend too and it looks bad. Still a terrible turnout. I figured it'd be 12-13000 ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    I think a lot of it had to do with the weather forecast. All week it said it was supposed to thunderstorm right at the beginning of the game and it didn't end up doing anything until after. SDSU relies on a large walkup crowd. Add in a shitty team and Labor Day weekend too and it looks bad. Still a terrible turnout. I figured it'd be 12-13000 ppl.

if sdsu is a top 10 team they deserve better crowds.

they'll get one on the 28th.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Our stadium has about 10,000 seats. There are still plenty of tickets available for the NDSU game, but no tickets that will get you a seat. In fact, you will likely be able to buy a ticket at the box office 5 minutes prior to kickoff. Good luck seeing the field.

Regardless, pretty disappointing turnout for home opener. I think our fan base (even season ticket holders) still has the mentality of circling 3-4 dates on the calendar and not paying attention to the others. Sad, but it is getting better.
    Thats a lot of words for "our fan base fucking sucks"

NDSU will churn out more for Ferris St & Deleware St games than you will for all of your games not including NDSU/UNI. Seriously that has to suck. No. it's not getting better. Hell, I bet the Ferris States attendance will be close to being enough alone.

Our stadium has about 10,000 seats. There are still plenty of tickets available for the NDSU game, but no tickets that will get you a seat. In fact, you will likely be able to buy a ticket at the box office 5 minutes prior to kickoff. Good luck seeing the field.

Regardless, pretty disappointing turnout for home opener. I think our fan base (even season ticket holders) still has the mentality of circling 3-4 dates on the calendar and not paying attention to the others. Sad, but it is getting better.
    so the visitor bleachers hold 2500 and the other side which is wider and ten times taller only holds 7500? Everywhere I read says 15,000 capacity with virtually unlimited with standing room /ga

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    so the visitor bleachers hold 2500 and the other side which is wider and ten times taller only holds 7500? Everywhere I read says 15,000 capacity with virtually unlimited with standing room /ga
    Our athletic director told the SDBOR 10,000 when discussing our stadium expansion. Wikipedia says 16,000. Do you honestly think the stadium seats 15,000?

Our athletic director told the SDBOR 10,000 when discussing our stadium expansion. Wikipedia says 16,000. Do you honestly think the stadium seats 15,000?

don't know. Haven't seen that many there ever, except ndsu hames, and ndsu fans weren't sitting.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...

Expansion? You can't fill what you have... Renovation would be a better word.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Expansion? You can't fill what you have... Renovation would be a better word.
    Actually, expansion was a bad word, although seating capacity will just about double. It is pretty much a new stadium, just built in phases. East side, West Side, South Endzone, so I guess maybe it is a renovation.

The existing stadium has ~10,000 seats. It has been "filled" for all but 4 home games in the last 4 years. Of the four, it is pathetic that 2 of those 4 times were for a home opener and a playoff game. One of the 4 was against UND.

Make jokes if you want, but in 10 years SDSU will have better facilities than most of FCS.

Actually, expansion was a bad word, although seating capacity will just about double. It is pretty much a new stadium, just built in phases. East side, West Side, South Endzone, so I guess maybe it is a renovation.

The existing stadium has ~10,000 seats. It has been "filled" for all but 4 home games in the last 4 years. Of the four, it is pathetic that 2 of those 4 times were for a home opener and a playoff game. One of the 4 was against UND.

Make jokes if you want, but in 10 years SDSU will have better facilities than most of FCS.
    I actually believe this.

Jacks need to get their lame ass alumni in Sioux Falls to go to games in higher percentage. Heck, its only a 45 minute drive to Brookings. I know more about SDSU football than 99% of the SDSU grads in Sioux Falls. Most of them don't know SDSU's current ranking or when the dates are for home games. Inexcusable! I actually feel sorry for SDSU athletes......no respect in Sioux Falls.