Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Dakota Head Basketball Coach Dave Boots Resigns

Default South Dakota Head Basketball Coach Dave Boots Resigns

Did not see this coming... In the end I think it will be a good thing for USD, Boots was a fine coach but had become dated and I think some young energy could be whats needed for that program.

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...0R-pJY.twitter

Default Re: South Dakota Head Basketball Coach Dave Boots Resigns

Kind of a strange time of the year to resign.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Thats why I didnt see it coming. Pretty late in the ball game for this to happen. I imagine he was getting pressure from the school to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    it's sounding from South Dakota people that Boots wants his former player/current assistant Joey James to get the HC job and the timing is a way to "encourage" USD to give him an interim title and a year to prove his worth. Also, by waiting until school is in session, it locks the current recruits in. Once they enroll, they can't go somewhere else this year.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...197#post234197

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    it's sounding from South Dakota people that Boots wants his former player/current assistant Joey James to get the HC job and the timing is a way to "encourage" USD to give him an interim title and a year to prove his worth. Also, by waiting until school is in session, it locks the current recruits in. Once they enroll, they can't go somewhere else this year.

Wow. Well, glad that isn't here.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

like a month or so before practice starts

Makes perfect sense in that case. If that is what he was going for anyway. Hope to see them become more competitive. The Little Dakota School That Could...
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

That explains it. I was wondering if some scandal was being swept under a rug in true SD style like having your starting QB getting a serious case of the munchies before a game in California....

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    That explains it. I was wondering if some scandal was being swept under a rug in true SD style like having your starting QB getting a serious case of the munchies before a game in California....

This

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Not a shocker...but the next coach of USD is Joey James. Done deal. No interim tag.