Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So...how was it being at the game?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: So...how was it being at the game?

Quote Originally Posted by laketrout24 View Post
    Very impressed with the KState fans. Very knowledgeable and respectful of our team. After the game, numerous people congratulating us and coming away impressed with the NDSU PROGRAM. I sat in row 1 at the 48 yard line on the KState sideline. As mentioned earlier by KState fans it was not easy to see everything since we were so low. However, I never sat down for a single play and it wasn't too bad. The stadium is beautiful with a big time college atmosphere. And the entire town was purple the day of and after the game. Best atmosphere I have ever watched a game. Puts the GOPHERS to shame.
    I've been to games at Ohio State and Michigan. Imagine that times 2 (over 100k fans at each). Sounds like K State does it well though! College towns on game day are great all over the country.

Did anyone ever figure out what hell "emaw" is?
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Did anyone ever figure out what hell "emaw" is?
    Every Man A Wildcat.

Weird that even the women were saying it.

I thought EMAW stood for Ever meet a woman?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Opening the flood gates at halftime to run out to the tailgate lots was awesome. No halftime hangover. Really wish this would happen in Fargo.

Lakes sat by us. He had security talkin to him & a kstate fan a few rows behind midway through the first...i dont think it meant anything because the kstate fan didnt seem annoyed or whatever by lakes.

the fat 50 year old kstate fan across the aisle and his loser son on the other hand didn't like lakes's shit so they got cocky when the game was still tied and really cocky when Kstate went up 2 td's. other than that...game kicked ass, manhattan was nice, very nice looking campus, arrived at the tailgate a few hours late and went right to where the KS students were with PL, lurker & company had set up camp. Students were great. Not much pre game shit talk. fun conversations were had when I told them I was a Longhorn fan but NDSU keeps my sanity straight.

Atmosphere was fantastic. NDSU student section should aspire to be KSUs student section. Very impressive. Classy KSU fans everywhere before during after the game. Complete opposite of their downstream counterparts in Lawrence... Theme intentional. Band was top notch. Crowd was loud but not as loud as the dome. Overall outstanding.

Soooo many comments about how well ndsu fans travel. They were blown away by all the yellow around town and in the stands. Also told many times that nobody has ever come in and tailgated like ndsu including Nebraska. All the custom rigs blew them away.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

99.99% of the KSU fans were great...only issue was some students yelling at us about being Canadian after the game and some other stupid stuff. I just laughed it off. We strolled through the lots where the students were before the game though and everyone was pretty classy. We had lunch in Aggieville and again met a lot of classy KSU fans. Manhattan is really a pretty cool college town.

As we made our way back from the game people in Topeka, KC, Omaha and Sioux City were all congratulating us on the win. It was pretty cool, the Nebraska fans especially seemed to enjoy the result of the game.

A group of guys we tailgated with we convinced that us winning, had just ruined their whole season. Great student section! NDSU needs to do some kind of stadium cheer like KSU did!

BTW did get called "disrespectful" for sporting the horns and shouting Bison during the national anthem!

Quote Originally Posted by cdwunderlich View Post
    A group of guys we tailgated with we convinced that us winning, had just ruined their whole season. Great student section! NDSU needs to do some kind of stadium cheer like KSU did!

BTW did get called "disrespectful" for sporting the horns and shouting Bison during the national anthem!

They're having a "Cheer School" soon (9/4?), so hopefully the students can get us there.

Need to get a student organization that will lead out the cheers ( more than just the yell leaders)

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved