Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that we proved we are a top 35 team in country

Default Now that we proved we are a top 35 team in country

And after we win a third consecutive national title can we PLEASE MOVE up?????????? Let's build the 35000 stadium, ride the oil $ and move up. WE CAN BE THE NEXT BOISE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Now that we proved we are a top 35 team in country

I was wondering how long it would take for this conversation to start.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Can we just settle down and focus on this season? We have one win. It's a long road to Frisco.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

Ah...did you forget...We get the obligatory one day celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonEngrGirl View Post
    Can we just settle down and focus on this season? We have one win. It's a long road to Frisco.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Why are you guys such conservative old farts??? I have been advocating moving up for a few years. It is pretty clear we can be a top 20 to 25 team consistently within the next 5 years after moving up. You are the same people who wanted us to stay in D2 and not build the Fargodome. WELL THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHER'S NDSU. GET WITH THE FUTURE INSTEAD OF LIVING IN THE 1980S.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If we were living in the 1980's we would be D2 still....

Just sayinnnnn

Don't you want to compete with the best? Do you have North Dakota inferior complex??? How many DIaa titles do we have to win before we should move up? 3? 5? It is time to put our big boy pants on and move up. And build the 35000 seat stadium. Think progressively or stay in your rocking chair!

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    Why are you guys such conservative old farts??? I have been advocating moving up for a few years. It is pretty clear we can be a top 20 to 25 team consistently within the next 5 years after moving up. You are the same people who wanted us to stay in D2 and not build the Fargodome. WELL THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHER'S NDSU. GET WITH THE FUTURE INSTEAD OF LIVING IN THE 1980S.
    First we can't even raise 35 mil for a BSA remodel in 6 years how the heck are we going to consistently raise 10 mil more for athletics EVERY year! It's not as simple as adding Football scholarships. NDSU is at the minimum amount of sports for being in Div I. We would have to add more scholarships for the women to offset for the extra men's scholarships due to Title IX. Not to mention with the seemingly inevitable break off of the BCS schools from FBS there really is no stability there. Also now you need a conference affiliation before you can move up. I say we wait it out until BCS schools decide what they want to do, meanwhile focus on getting all our sports fully funded and in updated facilities. And that last statement is my idea of a good plan for moving up. Once those two things occur then you seriously pursue moving up. It's not going to take any # of FCS championships for me. It's financial and stability for me.

Don't you want to compete with the best? Do you have North Dakota inferior complex??? How many DIaa titles do we have to win before we should move up? 3? 5? It is time to put our big boy pants on and move up. And build the 35000 seat stadium. Think progressively or stay in your rocking chair!
    OK...Put up the $$$$$$$...I'd love to be FBS, but were are the thousands Benjamins going to come from?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Ah...did you forget...We get the obligatory one day celebration!
    This ^

And This?