Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Underrated MVP's

Default Re: Underrated MVP's

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Heagle's tacking was outstanding again last night. Anybody notice how he put their big tightend flat on his back on that one and only seam route?? Wasn't there some smack about that from a Kstator when we told them it would happen. Oh, and he also had a few other pancake tackles. I'm thinking he may have lost a step with the knee injury, but it certainly didn't effect his strong tacking ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Just kinda told that guy...."Sit down little boy."
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Heagle's tacking was outstanding again last night. Anybody notice how he put their big tightend flat on his back on that one and only seam route?? Wasn't there some smack about that from a Kstator when we told them it would happen. Oh, and he also had a few other pancake tackles. I'm thinking he may have lost a step with the knee injury, but it certainly didn't effect his strong tacking ability.

That's possible, but I'm thinking it has more to do with him bulking up a bit more since the season before. If he wasn't more of a run stopping safety previously, he definitely is now....don't believe he will have to worry about the speed of the skill positions K-State had for the majority of the year.

The whole O-line especially on that long last drive. Pure grit and determination. Colville especially after playing his first game ever as a Center.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Heagle either made a solo tackle or had an assisted tackle on the halfback late in the 3rd quarter that showed me hasn't lost a step at all. It was going towards the KSU sideline and I don't think he had any advantage with angle and he still made the play. And he definitely looks bulkier as well. So glad he's back and healthy.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Offensive line notched their game up in the 2nd half. Pass protection got better as the game progressed.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Offensive line hands down. A team doesn't go 80 yards for 8.5 minutes without a great line in front of them.
    The fella that watches the CFL

So many guys deserve it. That was the epitome of a total team effort. I could name 14 guys.

Vigens play calling was masterful in the 4th. Love how he swung Crockett outside to open the middle and when the linebacker stays put he swings it to Crockett, then the middle screen
    Misdirection.
    Impressive

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I thought his tackling appeared much stronger even last night--saw a lot more effort, which is a cornerstone for good tackling.

Late 2nd round to Late 5th round is around a $1.5M to $2M difference. I think he will be a tackling machine this year. There should be no lack of effort.