Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Underrated MVP's

Default Re: Underrated MVP's

The tackling ability of Marcus Williams. He was up at the line of scrimmage making solos and those were good, strong tackles.

Just checked the box score: Marcus had five solo tackles.

BTW, Heagle led the team in tackles in his first game back - and all his tackles were solos!

Talking Re: Underrated MVP's

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    I'll second that. Watch the replay of Brock's go ahead touchdown. Gimmestad pulled and absolutely destroyed the KSU linebacker.

But, with the being said, this was an entire team effort, like usual. No shinning star and the individual stats prove it. We have a whole team of unsung hero's.

WE ARE BISON NATION!!!!!!
    Yes. The team, the team, the team. And, but Gimmestad is a stud!

He's a great player, but it didn't seem to me that Marcus had a great night.

Besides the obvious touchdown burn, it seems like he was continuing to play too loose on his covers...

...and when a dback gets solo tackles, I don't know that that's necessarily a good thing... in many cases here it was because his man caught the pass.

Our running game and Sam Ojuri looked unstoppable. Looks like Sam is ready for one whale of a senior year!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The tackling ability of Marcus Williams. He was up at the line of scrimmage making solos and those were good, strong tackles.

BTW, Heagle led the team in tackles in his first game back - and all his tackles were solos!
    Heagle's tacking was outstanding again last night. Anybody notice how he put their big tightend flat on his back on that one and only seam route?? Wasn't there some smack about that from a Kstator when we told them it would happen. Oh, and he also had a few other pancake tackles. I'm thinking he may have lost a step with the knee injury, but it certainly didn't effect his strong tacking ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Heagle's tacking was outstanding again last night. Anybody notice how he put their big tightend flat on his back on that one and only seam route?? Wasn't there some smack about that from a Kstator when we told them it would happen. Oh, and he also had a few other pancake tackles. I'm thinking he may have lost a step with the knee injury, but it certainly didn't effect his strong tacking ability.

By us shutting down the run, we allowed Heagle the opportunity to be able to stay back and control the center. I fully expected their TE to be more of a factor but we shut them down and then when they did catch it you got hits like that one Heagle made. He blew that guy up and was surprised he held onto the ball.

Marcus had a few mistakes but Lockett at the end of the year will be ranked up there as one of the best WR in college football. Marcus limited his impact better than I expected, Lockett is that good.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

I'm not one to gloat, but I was the one that warned them if anyone ever went over the middle that the Golden Eagle would be there to shut that down. LOVED THAT HIT! They never attempted anything like that again.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I love reading K-State fan bitching about being outcoached. One stat that really stood out for me was The Bison only had one penalty for 5 yards. Sure, we had to burn a timeout or two to avoid a delay of game, but the "big time college" atmosphere didn't intimidate NDSU. That's good game prep! KSU had a clean game as well with only 2 penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    We have THE steadiest coaching staff ever. No panic when we got behind. Game plan never changed.

DC called a great game. Mixed in more blitzes than usual but called off the dogs at times when KSU obviously expected pressure (see the MWill INT).

OC called a great game. Great mixture of calls kept the D guessing.

As for the team as a whole, the execution was almost flawless. Guys simply did their jobs and trusted their teammates.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

!
    MWill will be a much better tackler this year. He wasn't terrible before, but this year he will look better tackling. He has to show the next level he is ready.

His pass coverage was solid. When he changed to press coverage on Lockett after the long TD, he pretty much shut him down.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    MWill will be a much better tackler this year. He wasn't terrible before, but this year he will look better tackling. He has to show the next level he is ready.

His pass coverage was solid. When he changed to press coverage on Lockett after the long TD, he pretty much shut him down.

I thought his tackling appeared much stronger even last night--saw a lot more effort, which is a cornerstone for good tackling.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.