Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 8 Min 58 Sec

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 8 Min 58 Sec

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I could've gone for more rushes for loss..not enough times ndsu was 2nd or 3rd and long..I needed the Bison to fail on third down so my prediction of a 52-10 Bison loss would be correct
    There, fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    That was one of the best drives I have ever seen. Before this I always had the Sam Houston game when Steve Walker drove down the field as the best drive. Again, what an amazing drive.

Has there been a team to take more time than this in the history of football? It would be interesting to know.
    2004 Emerald Bowl. Navy vs. New Mexico:

a 26-play, 14 minute-26 second epic that took just over 32 minutes in real time. It was college football's most time-consuming drive ever, and it didn't even produce a touchdown—on the drive's last play, Navy kicked a field goal to go up by 15. The drive started with 1:41 left in the third quarter with Navy leading 31-19 and having just thwarted a New Mexico touchdown plunge by inches. When the drive was over, just 2:15 was left in the game, and the Lobos' fate was all but sealed.
    WSJ article entitled "College Football's Longest Drive". (Google the title if you can't read the direct link. Should give you access to the article.)

Paul Johnson-coached teams love to dominate TOP, but his QBs don't routinely milk the play clock down to 1 or 2 seconds like Brock does. I get kind of stressed watching games on TV with the play clock running down all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    That drive was INSANE. We were in the stands talking about how there is no going back; this is Bison final stand and you knew exactly what they were up to. We say, "21 yards to glory" "12 yards to glory" "1 yard to glory!"

When Brock plunged across that goal line, it was pure pandemonium in the Bison section.
    I was on the opposite end of the stadium in the standing room area. Disappointed only about 20% of the fans in SRO were Bison fans, but we did make some noise. When the players came on and off the field they walked the ramp right in front of us and we gave lots of encouraging shouts. At the end of the game hearing the Bison fans roar as the players ran over to them was the loudest I have ever heard 5000 to 6000 fans. Gave me chills. Then coach Bohl ran over to us in the SRO and we all pressed up against the fence........tried to high 5 over an 8 foot tall fence. As we congratulated coach he said thanks to us. Just a great final touch to an awesome game!

The intensity built up for 8-1/2 minutes with an amazing ending. Many times it was 3rd down and 11 or 12 yards to go.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Best drive I've ever seen. The duration of the drive was 8:30 though. It started with 8:58 on the clock and Brock scored with 0:28 remaining.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden