Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shakir Bell Arm is in a Sling

Default Re: Shakir Bell Arm is in a Sling

q
    Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    They did Highest in new Stadium history so far---
    Strike that... its is now highest in modern program history! 3 away from all time record set in 1901

Horrible night for the Missouri Valley.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Bell has heart and soul man, he made ISU b come from the bowls of suck to a respectable team. unfortunately the future doesn't look bright and he will most likely go out this year at some point and that's too bad.

ISU is the perfect example that you can't lean your team on 1 guy

great player just got used up his first 3 yrs, it's just my opinion
    I figure he would get to week 5 on heart and soul alone. He is one beat up young man. Regardless of the outcome of the Bison game last year, Bell absolutely got the shit kicked out of him. During the game we were saying there is no way he comes back after that hit. We said that many times. Lo and behold, he was back out there with 5 more straight carries. There is no way that kid remembers the fourth quarter.

ISU players are dropping like flies---another injury! That's 3 players done for the day. Left guard out ( ran off field so its not so bad,but geesh you hate to see these injuries prior to conference play)

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I figure he would get to week 5 on heart and soul alone. He is one beat up young man. Regardless of the outcome of the Bison game last year, Bell absolutely got the shit kicked out of him. During the game we were saying there is no way he comes back after that hit. We said that many times. Lo and behold, he was back out there with 5 more straight carries. There is no way that kid remembers the fourth quarter.
    Until he was not---if I remember right he was knocked out of that game late

this, I agree thought the same
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Horrible night for the Missouri Valley.
    Western Illinois defense was the only thing that impressed me although they did play Hampton

Kurt Hess played like garbage tonight
    The fella that watches the CFL

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've shared this before but the state championship game his senior year he was carried off the field 2-3 times but kept coming back. He rushed for over 200 yards and they won the game. Tonight's injury could happen to anyone. The guy who tackled him was the son of Mark Murphy, son of former Packer player with the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I've shared this before but the state championship game his senior year he was carried off the field 2-3 times but kept coming back. He rushed for over 200 yards and they won the game. Tonight's injury could happen to anyone. The guy who tackled him was the son of Mark Murphy, son of former Packer player with the same name.
    Shakir is a great example of a man, student and player no doubt. But he could have been way better playing for a different team good luck
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

Gotta like a kid like that!
    Locked like he rolled over the ball. Announces we guessing a stinger I thought rotater cuff, but who knows. Tough to lose a guy like that in your first game. If he is out for any length of time it will be a much tougher road for the trees.