Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 1 2-deep

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Week 1 2-deep

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=89453

Seniors: 13 starters (7 O, 5 D, 1 ST). 8 backups (2 O, 6 D).

Juniors: 7 starters (1 O, 5 D, 1 ST). 7 backups (5 O, 2 D).

Sophomores: 5 starters (3 O, 1 D, 1 ST). 4 backups (2 O, 2 D).

Redshirt Freshmen: 0 starters. 3 backups (2 O, 1 D)
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Default Re: Week 1 2-deep

Congrats to CJ Smith!!!

I was hoping to see one of the younger wide receivers break the two deep.

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I was hoping to see one of the younger wide receivers break the two deep.
    Dont take the 2-Deep list literally,Bohl said last week that Jack was Back-up at Both Tackles and left guard so......... and I think the WR will be a rotating to keep the bodies fresh,the same as the D-Line and The DB''s of CJ,BP and Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTyem View Post
    Dont take the 2-Deep list literally,Bohl said last week that Jack was Back-up at Both Tackles and left guard so......... and I think the WR will be a rotating to keep the bodies fresh,the same as the D-Line and The DB''s of CJ,BP and Jordan.
    Bohl's teams always rotate players at certain positions ans not at others. I'm sure we will see all 8 listed d-linemen rotating Friday night. It will be a great sign of confidence if we see rotation at linebacker, but I won't be shocked if only 4 play--I think Thorton will definitely play. We will see some rotation at one CB spot and they will find situations to play Shepherd.

We will see all the receivers, tight ends, and fullbacks--and more. On the other hand, they will probably stick with 5 offensive linemen (7 at the absolute most) unless there are injuries or a blowout. My guess is Hinz will be first up if they need a center or a guard (if a they need a guard we'll probably see Hinz in at center with Colville moving back to guard). Plankers will be first up if they need a tackle. We know Bohl does NOT rotate quarterbacks.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the young guys on special teams.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Bohl's teams always rotate players at certain positions ans not at others. I'm sure we will see all 8 listed d-linemen rotating Friday night. It will be a great sign of confidence if we see rotation at linebacker, but I won't be shocked if only 4 play--I think Thorton will definitely play. We will see some rotation at one CB spot and they will find situations to play Shepherd.

We will see all the receivers, tight ends, and fullbacks--and more. On the other hand, they will probably stick with 5 offensive linemen (7 at the absolute most) unless there are injuries or a blowout. My guess is Hinz will be first up if they need a center or a guard (if a they need a guard we'll probably see Hinz in at center with Colville moving back to guard). Plankers will be first up if they need a tackle. We know Bohl does NOT rotate quarterbacks.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the young guys on special teams.
    im sure pierre and sheperd will come in for nickel/dime situations and an LB would likely come out. i expect both to play a lot this Friday. The good thing with Sheperd is that he can play either safety position. I agree that we will likely also see all 8 linemen rotating. Do you think Nate Moody is listed above Gray and Woods because of seniority/experience? I wouldnt be surprised if one of the two RFr ended up taking that spot down the road. But like you said, early we will see a lot of WR playing/rotating

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    im sure pierre and sheperd will come in for nickel/dime situations and an LB would likely come out. i expect both to play a lot this Friday. The good thing with Sheperd is that he can play either safety position. I agree that we will likely also see all 8 linemen rotating. Do you think Nate Moody is listed above Gray and Woods because of seniority/experience? I wouldnt be surprised if one of the two RFr ended up taking that spot down the road. But like you said, early we will see a lot of WR playing/rotating
    Agree with all of your comments. Not sure what to make of the WR situation. Moody is an over-achiever, but he doesn't have the athletic ability of most of the other guys in his position group.
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Agree with all of your comments. Not sure what to make of the WR situation. Moody is an over-achiever, but he doesn't have the athletic ability of most of the other guys in his position group.
    I think you'll see Moody in there on 3rd downs or short 2nd down plays that are good passing situations. He has sure hands and seems to be a great safety net when you need him. Guess I've never paid attention to his run blocking ability, but the guy has been around so he knows how to run block (or at least he should).
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

also to further comment, nothing against Moody he has great hands and is a capable WR but I love the abilities of Gray and Woods

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    also to further comment, nothing against Moody he has great hands and is a capable WR but I love the abilities of Gray and Woods
    I completely agree with you. I think Woods is the future and will begin to prove it this year. I just think in a big game like this, you stick with experience, especially so early in the season.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.