Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: KSU fan here: Two weeks out what are the chances NDSU beats K-State?

Default Re: KSU fan here: Two weeks out what are the chances NDSU beats K-State?

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    I have had the same experience! One of my friends, who is a KSU alum, and coaches HS Football in Kansas, told me he went online and watched video of the Bison, after I told him that NDSU is no cupcake! He now wishes he himself could go to this game, because in his opinion, it will be a GAME! Trouble is he cant...as with most places..HS FB starts that friday night!
    I will be in beautiful Belcourt watching HS football that night.

The good news is that the only potential conflict with a Bison home game will come if our HS team makes it to the Semi-finals (11/9). They did last year. It might be a bit of a long shot this season.

Default Re: KSU fan here: Two weeks out what are the chances NDSU beats K-State?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I will be in beautiful Belcourt watching HS football that night.

The good news is that the only potential conflict with a Bison home game will come if our HS team makes it to the Semi-finals (11/9). They did last year. It might be a bit of a long shot this season.
    And on Sept 21, we cant make the Bison/Delaware St game, due to a Wedding in Langdon, of all places...lol! Want a couple tickets?...lol

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    And on Sept 21, we cant make the Bison/Delaware St game, due to a Wedding in Langdon, of all places...lol! Want a couple tickets?...lol
    Who schedules a wedding during football season?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Who schedules a wedding during football season?

Tailgating will be my wedding reception.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Tailgating will be my wedding reception.
    Ok, that would make sense.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

KCHerd is offline Member New User (or just very quiet)

We obviously have Bison fans on here that have their green and gold glasses on and say there is a 100% chance of a Bison win. Thats false. Then we have the KSU fans coming over here saying no chance NDSU wins and the game wont be close, and NDSU is a bunch of FBS wanna-be's .. thats False. The answer lies in the middle when you look at all the facts.
    My thought is that NDSU has about a 30-35% chance of winning this game. Here are the main points to look at
    - KSU starts slow every year against weaker opponents. Snyder tends to dumb down his play calling in these games until he needs to win them at the end. Will he do that against NDSU knowing they come in as a much better teams than the ones he has faced int he past? Not sure.
    - KSU has a new QB, and many new starters to work in. Offensively they are going to be ok. Defensively they are young, but have always been able to step it up on that side of the ball
    - NDSU is experienced. upwards of 19 starters back on back to back national titles. They have beaten FBS teams 3 years in a row. No intimidation.
    - NDSU has circled this game more than any other FBS game the last few years. They will be ready
    - KSU has bigger, stronger players and better athletes.
    - KSU has Bill Snyder
    - KSU has a great fan base and crowd, and they will be having their grand opening to the new stadium addition.

Talent and coaching usually wins out in the end, so thats why I think KSU has the 70% shot to win. However a strong hungry team can accomplish alot. I think this NDSU team is better than the App St team that went into Michigan and won. And I know first hand that they are better than the James Madison team that beat Virginia Tech a few years ago. And most people would probably say that Michigan and Va Tech were better teams than this years KSU team.
    I feel there is no way that NDSU doesnt make this a game. It is there for the taking. Snyder I think will try to get across to his kids that this is a big game, but I'm not sure it will sink in to them right away, and the fan base for sure won't come into it like they are playing KU or Nebraska or Texas. A 16.5 spread seems correct when you think about it from the gambling side. I would have guessed closer to 20 simply because gamblers dont know NDSU. I would for sure take the 16.5 though also. I think if it was around 9 or 10, I would have a harder time taking the points.
    I predict KSU 24-20
    Last edited by KCHerd; 08-20-2013 at 08:24 PM.

KSU has Bill Snyder but NDSU has Craig Bohl. Great teams don't repeat as champions without a leader keeping everyone focused and making sure nobody (coaches or players) rests on their laurels.

I think this will be a close game and win or lose, K-State fan will leave the stadium thinking little ol' NDSU has one helluva team.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by KCHerd View Post
    We obviously have Bison fans on here that have their green and gold glasses on and say there is a 100% chance of a Bison win. Thats false. Then we have the KSU fans coming over here saying no chance NDSU wins and the game wont be close, and NDSU is a bunch of FCS wanna-be's .. thats False. The answer lies in the middle when you look at all the facts.
    My thought is that NDSU has about a 30-35% chance of winning this game. Here are the main points to look at
    - KSU starts slow every year against weaker opponents. Snyder tends to dumb down his play calling in these games until he needs to win them at the end. Will he do that against NDSU knowing they come in as a much better teams than the ones he has faced int he past? Not sure.
    - KSU has a new QB, and many new starters to work in. Offensively they are going to be ok. Defensively they are young, but have always been able to step it up on that side of the ball
    - NDSU is experienced. upwards of 19 starters back on back to back national titles. They have beaten FCS teams 3 years in a row. No intimidation.
    - NDSU has circled this game more than any other FCS game the last few years. They will be ready
    - KSU has bigger, stronger players and better athletes.
    - KSU has Bill Snyder
    - KSU has a great fan base and crowd, and they will be having their grand opening to the new stadium addition.

Talent and coaching usually wins out in the end, so thats why I think KSU has the 70% shot to win. However a strong hungry team can accomplish alot. I think this NDSU team is better than the App St team that went into Michigan and won. And I know first hand that they are better than the James Madison team that beat Virginia Tech a few years ago. And most people would probably say that Michigan and Va Tech were better teams than this years KSU team.
    I feel there is no way that NDSU doesnt make this a game. It is there for the taking. Snyder I think will try to get across to his kids that this is a big game, but I'm not sure it will sink in to them right away, and the fan base for sure won't come into it like they are playing KU or Nebraska or Texas. A 16.5 spread seems correct when you think about it from the gambling side. I would have guessed closer to 20 simply because gamblers dont know NDSU. I would for sure take the 16.5 though also. I think if it was around 9 or 10, I would have a harder time taking the points.
    I predict KSU 24-20
    Which bisonviller seriously said there was a 100% chance the Bison would win. I think a Bison fan has every right to feel that NDSU has better than even odds of winning this game based on the circumstances. Sure KSU has some advantages, but so does NDSU.

There isn't much of a size difference either. Not sure why people keep saying that. Our line is big. They are probably more athletic, but this will be a decent game.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

KCHerd is offline Member New User (or just very quiet)

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Which bisonviller seriously said there was a 100% chance the Bison would win. I think a Bison fan has every right to feel that NDSU has better than even odds of winning this game based on the circumstances. Sure KSU has some advantages, but so does NDSU.
    Lets see .. "100% of Thundar" and "100% Bison... We will give you nothing and we will take from you EVERYTHING!" just to quote 2 references early on in this thread.