Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Preseason Predictions

Default Re: 2013 Preseason Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    get out while you can!!! better yet start your own site, seems like its the new trend

Bison win their third in a row and finally the Green Jerseys get used in Frisco
    No way they'd use the greens there. If we are the home team we will be in yellow.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Welcome to the board. Most coaches don't vote for their own team so you can assume Bohl's vote was one of those. More amazing is the first place vote Eastern Kentucky got. I think someone lost a bet and was required to cast that rediculous vote.
    Coach Bohl doesn't get a vote. Only 2 votes per conference and Bohl isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    No way they'd use the greens there. If we are the home team we will be in yellow.
    I hope not.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Steve was absolutely tremendous, but it's Jeff Bentrim. No one (in my book) will ever dethrone him. Maybe it's because I was a very impressionable kid during his reign.
    I agree Jeff Bentrim was an amazing athlete, but Steve Walker was second to none when it came to passing. The guy could see the field so well and usually found the open receiver and was very efficient.

2 different styles of athletes here, tough to compare them.

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I hope not.
    Undefeated in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Undefeated in gold.
    So? Are you saying the Bison cant win in green? What color did they wear last year??????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I fired off an e-mail to my good pal GT...cced it to simmers...I says time to step it up fellas...thee ohia states got the buckeye leaf bobby bs old crews got there tammahawk stickers...I says its time we meaning ndsu paid tribute to the greats of our past...I says I propose a new helmet sticker to accompany accomplishments such as sacks... touchdowns...tackles...sausages eatin...exetra...and I hereby propose the sticker representing both on and off the field accomplishments be the sacrid turkey feather...to signify our respect of the late greats of the past and all of there hard work on the field or good will off the field...I says a sutle turkey feather will do but if u must make a statemant I would be more that happy with the number 56 or letters PL. As well...I signed it best wishes and regards chris carter @ yahoo.com
    Last edited by SlickVic; 08-08-2013 at 02:06 AM.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Didn't see anything like this, just a place to throw together some preseason predictions. Here are some of mine.

1. No home losses this year
    2. Brock goes for 2,800 yards in the air (I'd like to be really bold and say 3,000+, but just can't do it) 2793 yards, so close
    3. 2 1,000 yard backs, AGAIN
    4. MVFC champs
    5. Defense allows <10.0 pts/game 11.2667pts/game not too far off
    I went 3 for 5 in my predictions, not too far off on the 2 that I missed, although my predictions weren't too far out there.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I went 3 for 5 in my predictions, not too far off on the 2 that I missed, although my predictions weren't too far out there.
    Brock did throw for 2,793 yards so you only missed that by 7 yards. Defense allowed only 11.3 so you were only 1.4 points per game off that. Not bad.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

The other day I remembered this blog post from Pinto at KFGO from back in July. Kinda funny to read now.

http://kfgo.com/blogs/ndsu-bison-1/983/5-reasons-1/